LaFleur Interview

tgo

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exactly. I love the narrative that fans on this board were bitching about the bunch formation in general. Clearly the argument was using Bunch and condensing the field without giving the Qb many optio

Yes, it was a critique last year because they never expanded into space. Tons of times the routes would overlap one another. We also had several times where a WR was blocking a LB 1v1.They didn’t use

You're fucking correcting people's grammar? 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I will officially make a bet on the offense.

I bet any acceptable member the LeFleur offense doesn't look like last year's offense and this year's offense will score more points.

LaFleur's offense with the Rams was spreaded, players got used to achieve. I think is safe that he will get the same from TN players and offensive scheme.

Just now, Number9 said:

I will officially make a bet on the offense.

I bet any acceptable member the LeFleur offense doesn't look like last year's offense and this year's offense will score more points.

I'd hope so, Davis, Smith and Taylor are in year two and they signed Dion Lewis and Mariota didn't miss the whole off season with a broken leg. 

Had Mularkey been kept the offense would score more points with these same upgrades. 

Cian Fahey ... Mularkey wants his quarterback under center to facilitate the ... The problem with playing Mariota under center isn't that he can't do it

Uh Oh, someone better tell LaFleur

The fact that they will run play action at least 20 to 25 percent more often with the the best play-action QB in the league is enough for me.

Edited by Huston

47 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Cian Fahey ... Mularkey wants his quarterback under center to facilitate the ... The problem with playing Mariota under center isn't that he can't do it

Uh Oh, someone better tell LaFleur

Mularkey’s bitch boy!  You’re still not over him, damn.  

This whole similar=same shit is stupid. Humans share a 96% genetic similarity with Chimpanzees; does that make them just about the same thing?  There are tons of different bunch formations with a near infinite number of different route combinations and within those route combinations the timing and spacing of each route  and who runs it may vary wildly from system to system.  Mariota's read progression and the reads themselves will surely be different than they were last year. To act as though a few broad similarities tell enough of the tale that you can gloat about it before you even see the new scheme is ego-driven and dumb. We have no idea how similar or dissimilar the two offenses will be but it's a far better bet that they'll be more different than they are alike. Some of y'all really think Lafleur was brought in to be Mularkey Jr.? What happens when Lafleur's bunch formations are different in design and execution than Mularkey's/Robiskie's? Does that still prove you were right all along?

1 hour ago, titantez said:

This OC has never called a play in the NFL,  you guys are grossly underestimating that and throwing the learning curve down the toilet. 

Reality is going to set in during the regular season. 

We watched what happened when Fisher promoted the qb coach and it was a nightmare in the beginning. 

Certainly a possibility.  Everyone is assuming LaFleur will hit the ground running.

Big slobbered the RobKnob up until Mariota started calling his own plays and it was obvious the staff was gone. 

Bunch formations are fine.. but as was mentioned earlier the way we ran them wasn’t fine. I bet 30% of the time we ran them we allowed a LB to cover 2 recievers at the same time because the routes called for 2 5 yard curls to the same spot

Just now, titanruss said:

Big slobbered the RobKnob up until Mariota started calling his own plays and it was obvious the staff was gone. 

Bunch formations are fine.. but as was mentioned earlier the way we ran them wasn’t fine. I bet 30% of the time we ran them we allowed a LB to cover 2 recievers at the same time because the routes called for 2 5 yard curls to the same spot

Yeah, big was a huge Robiskie apologist.  Anyone defending that stiff needs to look at themselves in the mirror...

I'm going to have trouble sleeping at night with two 9-7 records. We could've won the Super Bowl.

But yes, I apologized for answering, "THE WORLD IS ENDING, EVERYTHING IS RUINED. Mariota was going to be Brady 2.0!"

With: "No, it's really not that bad." We could have a winning record with this staff.

-----

You guys are still stabbing yourselves over it obviously. Never seen so much butthurt over people saying, "hey we ran this last year!"

"NO WE RUN NOTHING OF WHAT WE DID LAST YEAR WE RAN BACKWARDS LAST YEAR YOU ASSHOLE."

Edited by big2033