Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

The Weekend in Chicago

nine   

My sister was robbed at gunpoint outside a gas station in southside Chicago a few months ago...the guy got her purse, her laptop, and her phone.   

When she called the police to report it, the operator asked if she'd been shot or stabbed;   when she said she wasn't, they told her they couldn't dispatch an officer unless a serious injury was involved...they didn't have time to deal with it.   But she was invited to remain on the line and a file a verbal report, and paperwork would be mailed to her in 2-4 weeks.   

Hardline stance.....tough on crime.

patsplat   
On 8/8/2018 at 5:34 AM, IsntLifeFunny said:

This was before Uber lol. 

Yeah figured.

Just got the image of an old timer huffing and puffing, then the kid takes an Uber to a debaucherous underground loft party.

Soxcat   

Obama isn't a good enough leader to run ISIS although I'm sure he is a big fan.

No, he is not personally responsible for the violence in Chicago but his buddies that run Chicago won't do anything to stop it.

'Nator   
On 8/7/2018 at 3:04 PM, IsntLifeFunny said:

I lived there for a couple of years. I'll never forget having my uncle pick me up from O'Hare when I first arrived. He was driving down the road spouting a ton of racist bullshit and I told him there's no way it's that bad. He stopped at a red light in the ghetto and said verbatim "Son, I would put up my house, my bank account, and everything I own that if I dropped you off on this street corner you won't make it home". Nice introduction to Chicago. 

I was there last month. I've been several times. Chicago is fucking great. You aren't going to get hurt in the touristy areas or the main downtown adjacent neighborhoods any more than you would in Nashville. They are killing each other in these ghettos that no person in their right mind would enter. I can take you several places in Nashville that you aren't likely to come out of safely. 

That said, on a Sunday evening I walked from my hotel to the Billy Goat Tavern alone. If you know anything about Chicago it's in that underpass area where they filmed that "The Dark Night" chase scene w Batman and the Joker. Anyway, on my way back it was around 1:30 AM and there weren't many people out except for some shady looking characters out on the streets. I made sure I walked on the side of the street that had hotels to flee to in the off chance that something was to happen. 

At one point this one dude made a b-line right to me, and I thought "well here it is, I am going to have to fight". Weirdly I wasn't scared. I just accepted it, and was sizing him up. Well he got right under my chin (I'm tall and he was normal height) and he then said "Hey want some powder"? 

I was offered cocaine an additional time on that .6 mile trip home as well. 

Edited by 'Nator

3 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

This is why any sane person should side with the Police when the suspect is resisting arrest. No matter the outcome. The use of force always looks over the top, until you follow it to it's logical end as you see in this video.

We have a case here in Nashville right now with Hambrick. Man was running from the cop, through a neighborhood, with a weapon in hand. Shot and killed. Tragic, but you play stupid games you win stupid prizes. Of course the NAACP and media are jumping on Police, and of course they never deal with the fact that low income communities do not stress appropriate citizen behavior during Police stops. Sad.