Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

The Weekend in Chicago

https://abc7chicago.com/66-shot-12-fatally-in-chicago-weekend-shootings/3892234/

"I hear people holding us accountable all the time," Johnson said. "I never hear people saying these individuals out here in the streets need to stop pulling the trigger. I never hear that. I never hear that. They get a pass from everybody and they shouldn't."

Although I don't fully agree with the accuracy of the comments, the voice against this shit is not nearly as strong as it is when blaming cops. 

Haven't been in the politics section much lately but I noticed this is going ignored. 

Im curious as to why....

Don't see anyone blaming this one on the NRA like they were doing for Parkland.... 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Justafan   
16 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

https://abc7chicago.com/66-shot-12-fatally-in-chicago-weekend-shootings/3892234/

Although I don't fully agree with the accuracy of the comments, the voice against this shit is not nearly as strong as it is when blaming cops. 

Haven't been in the politics section much lately but I noticed this is going ignored. 

Im curious as to why....

Don't see anyone blaming this one on the NRA like they were doing for Parkland.... 

Don't know much about the story but I like what the guy had to say.  American citizens deserve better.  Maybe it's time for new leadership, not more cheap political attacks from Democrats and Republicans.  Amen.  Both parties suck.

for every 1000  gun deaths you can find about 2 where someone carrying a gun protected the innocent and ended the danger.

i could post a video of a shark feeding a baby human if i looked hard enough.

Edited by titanruss

Soxcat   

Actually they don't know how many shooting were prevented because others were armed.  Besides, are you really so stupid you don't think law abiding citizens that are armed are NOT a deterrent or defense to these kind of shootings?  Seriously?  So you think law abiding gun toting people "cause" these shootings?  Really?  Daaaa, the people DOING the shootings don't give a rats ass if guns are illegal or not.   Wow, the depth of stupidity on this issue is beyond breathtaking. 

Mythos27   

Oh look the Chicago talking point again. We pay police to protect and serve which is why we can demand accountability. You wanna go down to Chicago and demand accountability from the local gangsta disciples set? These are criminal outlaws, they don't answer to us. I'm all for getting the motherfuckers off the street by damn near any means necessary but peace parades (which happen all the time) and calling for truces between gangs (happens all the time) aren't going to have the same effects on people operating outside of society. I get how police can feel like they are under more scrutiny but it's because we actually have oversight regarding them. I wish we had the power to affect gangs similarly. You really want to hurt these guys? Start legalizing drugs. Take away the ability to make fast, easy money by selling drugs and watch gang membership dwindle. 

Mythos27   
1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Actually they don't know how many shooting were prevented because others were armed.  Besides, are you really so stupid you don't think law abiding citizens that are armed are NOT a deterrent or defense to these kind of shootings?  Seriously?  So you think law abiding gun toting people "cause" these shootings?  Really?  Daaaa, the people DOING the shootings don't give a rats ass if guns are illegal or not.   Wow, the depth of stupidity on this issue is beyond breathtaking. 

Gun carrying, law-abiding citizens can't put a dent into what happening in Chicago. At best they can protect themselves and their families which of course I support. This problem is beyond what average people can fix and I agree with you that gun laws can't fix this either. I certainly don't envy the police officers that serve those communities.

Edited by Mythos27

Soxcat   

If you can get to Wrigley field you will be OK.  I'd be more concerned about the trip to see the WhiteSox. 

Justafan   
10 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

I'm going to Chicago this weekend to see both the Cubs and WhiteSox.   If you don't hear from me again, you know why.

Hope you're carrying!

Justafan   

I think Chicago is one of those areas that would benefit from broken window policing.  I normally wouldn't advocate it under normal circumstances and I'm aware that it probably isn't possible in the current environment because politicians and the media would have a field day with officers doing their jobs but if we want to stop this thing, we can't just sit back and hope it goes away.  

Chicago has nothing to do with the gun control debate in my mind.  It is a unique place with large groups of people who just aren't operating by normal rules.  There have been a lot of great ideas thrown out there by well-intentioned people on both sides of the debate.  The only thing I know for sure is that what they are doing right now is not working.  Perhaps they should try something new.  

Mythos27   
6 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I think Chicago is one of those areas that would benefit from broken window policing.  I normally wouldn't advocate it under normal circumstances and I'm aware that it probably isn't possible in the current environment because politicians and the media would have a field day with officers doing their jobs but if we want to stop this thing, we can't just sit back and hope it goes away.  

Chicago has nothing to do with the gun control debate in my mind.  It is a unique place with large groups of people who just aren't operating by normal rules.  There have been a lot of great ideas thrown out there by well-intentioned people on both sides of the debate.  The only thing I know for sure is that what they are doing right now is not working.  Perhaps they should try something new.  

Chicago makes me want to bring back stop and frisk...Shits out of hand over there.

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

Chicago makes me want to bring back stop and frisk...Shits out of hand over there.

I lived there for a couple of years. I'll never forget having my uncle pick me up from O'Hare when I first arrived. He was driving down the road spouting a ton of racist bullshit and I told him there's no way it's that bad. He stopped at a red light in the ghetto and said verbatim "Son, I would put up my house, my bank account, and everything I own that if I dropped you off on this street corner you won't make it home". Nice introduction to Chicago. 

Mythos27   
21 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I lived there for a couple of years. I'll never forget having my uncle pick me up from O'Hare when I first arrived. He was driving down the road spouting a ton of racist bullshit and I told him there's no way it's that bad. He stopped at a red light in the ghetto and said verbatim "Son, I would put up my house, my bank account, and everything I own that if I dropped you off on this street corner you won't make it home". Nice introduction to Chicago. 

Damn. Bet you made sure that seat-belt was nice and buckled afterwards!

patsplat   
8 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Beep beep beep.

Uber!