Sign in to follow this  
NewsToTom

Old Titans Games on VHS

Mods, move elsewhere or zap if you want.

Anybody have any interest in VHS tapes of old Titans games? I don't have a working VCR and am not going to pay for the conversion to a usable format. Tapes go

2006, win @ Eagles and home win v Giants

2006, home win v Colts and OT win @ Texans

2006, home win v Jags and win @ Bills

2006, loss v Patriots

2007, home win v Falcons and road loss @ Bucs

2007, road win @ Texans and home win v Raiders

2007, home win v Panthers and home loss v Jaguars

2007, loss @ Broncos and home win v Texans

2007, home loss v Chargers and road win @ Chiefs (have to admit I don't remember this game at all)

2007, playoff loss @ Chargers 

I haven't watched any of these tapes in probably 10+ years, so I have no idea if they're any good. But since the alternative is throwing them away, I thought I'd see if anybody wants any or all of them. Not looking for anything more than shipping.

Let me know if you're interested, here or via PM.

Edited by NewsToTom

I don't have a VCR anymore, although I'd like to eventually get one again just so I can watch old tapes that I have. I recorded the entire 2000 season on VHS back in the day. Even managed to leave out the commercials. I actually got pretty good at predicting when the game would be coming back from a commercial just based on the type of commercial and length.

17 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I don't have a VCR anymore, although I'd like to eventually get one again just so I can watch old tapes that I have. I recorded the entire 2000 season on VHS back in the day. Even managed to leave out the commercials. I actually got pretty good at predicting when the game would be coming back from a commercial just based on the type of commercial and length.

I highly suggest getting a VHS to DVD converter. They're relatively cheap and work well, can take the DVD afterwards and rip the video to your PC as well. That's what I plan on doing with these tapes assuming they're in working order(I imagine they will be, VHS tapes are generally surprisingly well made/long lasting). Can probably just go through and upload them all to youtube or something for the forum as well.

24 minutes ago, scine09 said:

That's weird I literally threw away a few VHS games yesterday.

If you come across any more, let me know. I'd even be willing to pay some for them.

scine09   
1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

If you come across any more, let me know. I'd even be willing to pay some for them.

That's all I had.

Dinx81   

I actually have a vhs to dvd converter. Saves it directly to your computer. If whoever is getting these needs it i could sell it for cheap. Might be able to get some cheap on amazon though 

nine   

I was going through some old DVDs a few days ago and found a number of games I had ripped from 2004-2006.    It occurred to me that could get adventurous and upload them somewhere...but then I thought, "who the hell would watch that crap on purpose?"

28 minutes ago, nine said:

I was going through some old DVDs a few days ago and found a number of games I had ripped from 2004-2006.    It occurred to me that could get adventurous and upload them somewhere...but then I thought, "who the hell would watch that crap on purpose?"

06 had some fun games. The record breaking stretch by Volek and Bennett in 04 was fun to watch, though if I recall they lost every game. Got the Green Bay MNF game from 04 too. 05 was largely a mess, though McNair did have a nice game vs San Fran that year that might be worth rewatching. The Seattle game was a fun one, albeit a loss. Think they beat the Ravens that year which is always a plus.

abenjami   

A couple of questions. 

1.  Do you have any games on Betamax?

2.  Who the fuck was still recording games onto vhs in 2006-2007?

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

06 had some fun games. The record breaking stretch by Volek and Bennett in 04 was fun to watch, though if I recall they lost every game. Got the Green Bay MNF game from 04 too. 05 was largely a mess, though McNair did have a nice game vs San Fran that year that might be worth rewatching. The Seattle game was a fun one, albeit a loss. Think they beat the Ravens that year which is always a plus.

I remember that Raven's game...basically a curb stomping...

Albert started to beast like we later saw in 07/08...and KVB was looking like a steal...

Edited by ChemEngr79

scine09   
5 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Shame. What years were they from, if you remember?

I believe 2001 and 2002.  I bought them on ebay a while back.