Sign in to follow this  
tgo

Tye Smith to IR; Titans Waive Pelon and Sign two DL

tgo   

Brought back ole Johnny Maxey (5 tech type DL) and signed rookie UDFA Lampkin (335 pound NT). 

Maxey played for the Steelers previously and then under LeBeau as a member of the PS here and for a short time this year I believe. 

Edited by tgo

tgo   

I think this will likely result in Reed making the 53 this year. He's more of a fit in the Pees defense and has no super serious contenders for that last corner spot imo

tgo   

Sounds like Pelon was waived/injured. So if unclaimed, he will revert to IR. Then they'd probably release him with an injury settlement at a later time. 

tgo   
1 minute ago, Stranger said:

Pelon was signed just a couple of days ago right? 

I wonder what the issue is with Hankins. 

Most likely the driving factors are weight issues, demanding to start, and wanting way too much money. 

36 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

That’s a good move with Tye Smith. We have too many outside CBS for him to really get into the rotation. If an injury happens we can still bring him back. 

if he is put on IR before the regular season doesn't that mean he is done for the year, that's what we did with Tajae Sharpe and Alex Tanney last year.

it suggests here he is done for the year.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

Huston   
1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

That’s a good move with Tye Smith. We have too many outside CBS for him to really get into the rotation. If an injury happens we can still bring him back. 

I'm sure they asked him first.

Huston   
34 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

if he is put on IR before the regular season doesn't that mean he is done for the year, that's what we did with Tajae Sharpe and Alex Tanney last year.

it suggests here he is done for the year.

never mind, I think they are speculating though

Edited by Huston

OILERMAN   
2 hours ago, tgo said:

I think this will likely result in Reed making the 53 this year. 

Mike Keith said Reed was working at CB, nickel and even safety. They don't have a lot of depth at safety. 

Smith is done for the year, I'd guess. Only way he could return to the team was with an injury settlement and eventually re-sign him. Ditto Pelon.

interesting that Wyatt's article on the moves had Sims at 4 and then lists Reed with the young guys of Gafford, Este, and Carter. May mean something, may not.

10 minutes ago, NewsToTom said:

Smith is done for the year, I'd guess. Only way he could return to the team was with an injury settlement and eventually re-sign him. Ditto Pelon.

interesting that Wyatt's article on the moves had Sims at 4 and then lists Reed with the young guys of Gafford, Este, and Carter. May mean something, may not.

Gafford has been getting some buzz early in camp, not only at CB but in special teams, he has been working as the gunner on punt coverage and also doing some kick off returns.

he is the guy that ran a 4.23 at his pro day.