Henry expected to be more than a bruiser. Has been emphasis on him recieving. Even lined up in slot.

heyitsmeallen

New ESPN Titans beat writer noted this. It’s a smart move because it will keep defenses from assuming it’s a run when he’s out there. He has a limited sample size but has a career catch rate of 75.7% and averages 11.4 ypr 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Henry turns out to be a great receiver out of the back field, how stupid does that make last year look?

That smooth mofo CJ2K was arguably one of the greatest running backs in history his first three years.    His career faded but my goodness. When that man had his speed it was something I hav

Here's one with Henry in stride 1:41    

Posted Images

1 minute ago, patsplat said:

If Henry turns out to be a great receiver out of the back field, how stupid does that make last year look?

He’s definitely no great receiver out of the back field. He’s awkward but does catch the ball, never in stride. He’s way better than CJ but that isn’t saying much. Not in Lewis’ league. 

2 minutes ago, japan said:

He’s definitely no great receiver out of the back field. He’s awkward but does catch the ball, never in stride. He’s way better than CJ but that isn’t saying much. Not in Lewis’ league. 

When Henry gets the ball in space it's a big play.  He has to be covered.

34 minutes ago, patsplat said:

I don't think it makes last year look any more stupid than it already did, but it would certainly qualify to be the rotten cherry on top of that hot shit sundae.

Henry is a decent receiver, not a great one. But he would make for a good mismatch, like a receiving TE. Line him up like a TE and see if LBs are fast enough or safeties are big enough to cover him. 

And get the ball in his hands in the open field against smaller DBs and he could do some damage.

If they come out of the huddle with both Henry and Lewis and either one (or both) of them could be lined up as a receiver, defenses could have fits. Or have both flanking MM in a shotgun set where either could be a runner, receiver, or blocker.

9 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I have a feeling everyone's going to be right and everyone is going to be wrong when it comes to the RBs and their roles this year. It'll just depend on the week to figure out which is which.

That's the way it always is.

The previous coaching staff used him this way, but always as a decoy which fooled nobody.  If LaFluer does it, it gives me some hope.  He seemed like a fairly natural hands-catcher at the combine.  I doubt that we will see him double as a seam-stretching TE, but it is encouraging.

The biggest doubt I have with Henry, is why he started a run always running to a side, weakly and never attacking that route with more power (most of the times), as he did in Alabama more constantly and consistently. As he showed he could against KC, and some other runs here and there during the season.
Coaching or that was just on him to blame?