Malcolm Butler piece by Cameron Wolfe

Just now, OILERMAN said:

Robinson loves these prospects who had to overcome great odds to make it. Former walk ons and guys who had little chance of succeeding, or so everyone thought etc......

Which is why the Dodd pick seems so odd. Never knew Butler had to work at a Popeye’s for a few mos. that’ll humble you real quick. 

29 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

I think TN has the best secondary in the NFL.  And that includes Jax.   They go three deep and have Byard.

If they all perform up to their potential, there's no doubt they could be one of the top if not the top unit this year, it's just gonna be great watching these guys compared to what we have had in years past, I really think this D has the potential to be elite!

I love Adoree more than Bongo loves Reed. I was on the Adoree train for two years. 

HOWEVER if healthy and he slipped I would’ve taken Sidney Jones over Jackson, but not now. 

If Jones doesn’t get hurt he goes before Lattimore (thank goodness bc Indy woulda walked away with him) and we miss out on Davis. 

I think with more reps and more time at the position like Lattimore had that Jackson can be right there with him. Jackson will be the next CB on this roster to get 30-40 million guaranteed. After Ryan is gone and Byards paid and Orakpo/Morgan are off the books and Woodyard and Landry/Evans/Draft pick fills those roles and MM is paid. 

We we will have a situation where either Davis gets tagged and Jackson gets long term or vice versa 

Casey will restructure, Delanie retires, Jonny signs a mid tier extension and we draft a SS and another WR and OG

i think next year we focus on OLB, SS, WR, DT/DE early and two years we focus on ILB, TE, OG and RB

2 hours ago, Thrill said:

I like butler a lot. "I used to work at Popeyes, now I can buy one."

That's funny when you first read that, but given the story about his background I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a bug whispering in his ear to go franchise a couple of them. Idk if simply working at a Popeyes gives him the prerequisite experience needed to be approved by the Popeyes chain, but they might choose to overlook some of that to have a current/former NFL player and Super Bowl champion as a franchise owner who actually worked for the company at one point. Might be great for their PR department.

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/open-popeyes-restaurant-12500.html

Of course all that depends on whether or not Butler would actually give a shit about owning Popeyes restaurants and dealing with all the headaches that would come with it.