Jonboy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol...Lewan is the best.    

I'll have to do a breakdown of the actual numbers....but I'm thinking he'll probably be making more than I do on a week-to-week basis.

He actually looks more like a tight end when you see him in person. He's obviously strong enough but at the same time very athletic, which is rare and why he's getting paid. Conklin isn't nearly as athletic and would struggle at LT imho.

Edited by No1TitansFan

2 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

He actually looks more like a tight end when you see him in person. He's obviously strong enough but at the same time very athletic, which is rare and why he's getting paid. Conklin isn't nearly as athletic and would struggle at LT imho.

Confirmed. He can outrun a DT for a touchdown. lmao

No brainer. Pro bowl LT's don't grow on trees. He's also a great athlete & is always in top shape. I remember reading a few years ago an anonymous GM said he gets nervous giving big contracts to OL because a lot of them get too comfortable & start enjoying life too much. They pack on the pounds, get lethargic on the field, get injured, etc. That won't be an issue with Lewan.

Hes not perfect. He gets a lot of nagging injuries, seems like every few weeks. He's also not a total shutdown in pass protection, he's not Joe Thomas. But he makes up for it in the run game where he's dominant. You rarely find LT's that run block like he does, while still being a borderline pro bowl pass blocker.

22 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

Lewan hadn't exactly been elite, outside of 2016.  

The AFC sucks in many ways, but not in terms of pass rushers.  Just look at how many have 2 quality rushers.  You need 2 skilled pass protectors.  The only difference is that LT protects the blind side.

Edited by abc2330

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, ctm said:

I posted last year that the Titans would get Lewan at a discount if he signed a year early.  Some posters roundly disagreed.  Anyone want to argue about that now?  Take a look at his base salaries and cap hits.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/taylor-lewan-14420/

Not sure I’d call it a discount but it’s interesting that the last 3 non-guaranteed years come with lower salaries so it makes it less likely they would cut him for cap reasons.