Dodd Released

Justafan

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Pretty inconsequential. He wasn't being counted on in any role and they basically moved on without him at LB and DL already.

Dodd was a bust and Austin Johnson is JAG. We'll see what Henry does in the new system. 3 2nd rounders with little impact

What more could Henry have done lol, he was one of the most productive backups RB in the league. Johnson had more experienced and better players ahead of him and played well when he had to start this year so not second round value but he has made an impact.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kevin Dudd, confirmed.

I'd love to know the full story on Kevin Dodd from both sides. This is one of the stranger situations I can remember.

Ross Tucker showing his Titans knowledge lol   Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 2h2 hours ago After he did not report to training camp, former 2nd round pick Kevin Dodd has been

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

If we can find them, VY throws a pretty deep shoulder pad.

I can trade you some baby wipes. They are also good for cleaning faucets and doorknobs. I need a new dust rag and the jersey will do just fine.

Harold Landry solves a lot of problems if he plays well.  Evans will also help the loss.  Assuming they bring back Morgan in the offseason and Landry steps into the other spot, that means they should still have a couple of guys who can play behind them and then you have FA and the draft to bolster the position.  It makes things more difficult long term but the position is fine.  Dodd wasn't going to be anything more than a versatile guy who could play multiple positions and STs at this point anyways.  The depth was going to be an issue whether Dodd made the team or not.  

It will be interesting to see if they bring in any more camp cuts or make a move or two during camp.

19 hours ago, titantez said:

3 free agents on offense, center, guard and Mathews, 3 players that's a hair above avg.

Defense, a corner,nickle and a safety, lets not talk about draft picks..

By and large this is Webster's roster and he was horrible in the draft room.

As usual you babble on without the slightest clue as to what you speak of.

I don't get trying to diminish JRob for the Dodd pick.  The draft isn't an exact science.  There no definitive 1,2,3...33,34,35....65.66 list.  JRob had a fabulous draft and off season that year, historical.  He got Sharpe in round 6 and Sharpe helped the team a lot.  I'm not even mentioning ukw.  If he had only one player succeed, then you could blame him, but he even traded DGB for a starter.  Dodd didn't work out, it happens.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/kevin-dodd?id=2555338

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 1

NFL COMPARISON

Michael Bennett

BOTTOM LINE

The arrow is pointed up for Dodd who finished the season with a streak of five consecutive games with a sack. Dodd already looks the part of an NFL defensive end and his desire to make plays coupled with his physical traits and talent should have him shooting up draft boards. His lack of college snaps could preclude him from being "pro­ ready", but his instincts and football intelligence should expedite the learning process.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2016kdodd.php

In the first two rounds of the 2016 NFL Draft, there are a lot of teams that could consider taking a pass-rusher like Dodd, especially in the teens through the middle of the second round 

Edited by Number9