Kevin Dodd Placed on "Did Not Report" List; Rashaan Evans with Non-Football Illness

Jonboy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trample the Dodd's, hurdle the Bironas'.

Unless Dodd is planning to retire, his actions so far this offseason make no sense...

Obviously Dodd has no interest in playing 

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

hopefully JRob learns from the bust Dodd pick, injuries aside I think JRob missed on Dodd's mental makeup, he just doesn't have the will or drive to be an NFL player.

You can be the best talent and personnel evaluator in history and some will slip through the cracks. Aside from that, the injury was missed by the medical people, who I believe were fired/let go after missing it.

1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

You can be the best talent and personnel evaluator in history and some will slip through the cracks. Aside from that, the injury was missed by the medical people, who I believe were fired/let go after missing it.

some debate to whether they missed the injury or it occurred during Rookie Mini Camp practices after he was drafted, either way its never good when a pick 33 busts out basically making no meaningful contribution.

no question JRob has done well drafting so far, just think he totally misread Dodd's love/desire to be an NFL player.

Possibly he told them in advance he wasn't coming or they asked him to come early.  It looks over.  Some players leave and do well elsewhere, Warmack has a SB ring.  I doubt Dodd is going to do anything, but I think all involved know it's time for him to go.

Edited by Number9

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Unless Dodd is planning to retire, his actions so far this offseason make no sense...

Just really weird. Everything I read about him in college was the exact opposite of this. His position coach raves about his work ethic.

I think the foot became a mental hurdle that wore him down. Foot injuries have ruined a lot of careers in football & basketball. Guys who've had them say it's very hard to play fast because you always feel like you're going to reinjure it. 

It sucks to because I loved the pick. Most didn't but Robinson obviously wanted to go with size on the edge, like the Pats. I thought he was a steal.