Training Camp Discussion

1 minute ago, socaltitan said:

I guess we should be thanking Marcus for having a bad season then

We should... McCarthy being in GB isn't doing that team any favors. Rodgers is just too good to come up with enough excuses to fire him.

It's the same with the hate against Fisher when he was here. He was good enough to keep a job but having him stay for so long was probably not the right choice

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dennis Kelly is in at RT with the first team.   the guys on Titans Reddit do a great job posting TC observations    

Mariota had a lot of grey area last season. His stats were awful, and there’s simply no way around them. Anyone who says he had a good year is fooling themselves. Anyone who says he was trash is being

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Of course. I never even said Mariota got Mularkey fired, but Mariotas best interests was the logic behind it... As it should be.

Personal differences weren't the reason, Mariotas growth was.

That's an interesting way to look at it. I think Mariota was certainly a factor but literally every aspect of the offense regressed and he was completely unwilling to change going forward so I don't think it's that simple.

42 minutes ago, Number9 said:

BEWARE!

I will be quoting posts from this thread during the season.

For entertainment purposes only.

Kind of like when I used to play “guess which fucking moron said it” with the homers huh? Have you ever had an original thought FistShaker?

2 minutes ago, ManningEnvy said:

Kind of like when I used to play “guess which fucking moron said it” with the homers huh? Have you ever had an original thought FistShaker?

How many Homers do you know of? From historical and pop culture I can only think of two. Homer Simpson from the show The Simpsons and the Greek poet Homer who wrote the Iliad.

I assume in a game of guessing and assuming the more intelligent Homer, the Greek one, came out ahead.

Funny about the original thought statement. It is claimed that The Simpson’s has always had X thing first. Therefore being the originator of many things.

Mularkey was the first playoff winning coach to be fired since Steve Mariucci in 2002. Mularkey had a ton of excuses. They publicly announced his extension. His QB had the most comebacks in the league in a bad year. He called out the organization after a playoff win and then had one of the worst season ending press conferences in history. 

Of course Mariota regressing played a huge part. Who has ever said any differently? 

55 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Of course Mariota regressing played a huge part. Who has ever said any differently? 

No one, but for some reason people act like he was fired because his personality and not because the players regressed

You can say that they regressed because he was unwilling to adapt, blah blah blah but at the end of the day the only thing that got him fired was his players underperforming.

If you were switching defenses to a 4-3 you wouldn't call the guy stubborn and abrasive for running a 3-4, you would simply move on and go with a guy who knows how to work with the correct personnel. That's why Mularkey was fired, JRob wanted him gone for the sake of player development and to get a guy who will utilize the skill sets as JRob sees fit.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

3 hours ago, Number9 said:

BEWARE!

I will be quoting posts from this thread during the season.

For entertainment purposes only.

I thought that this went without saying---pointing out other poster's wrong predictions and terrible analysis is the foundation upon which this great site was built.

I'm pretty sure that @TitansGuru famously stated during website development, "the only thing that we have to fear is requoting of previous failed analysis and predictions, itself."

Edited by woolfolksunclesuncle

5 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

No one, but for some reason people act like he was fired because his personality and not because the players regressed

You can say that they regressed because he was unwilling to adapt, blah blah blah but at the end of the day the only thing that got him fired was his players underperforming.

If you were switching defenses to a 4-3 you wouldn't call the guy stubborn and abrasive for running a 3-4, you would simply move on and go with a guy who knows how to work with the correct personnel. That's why Mularkey was fired, JRob wanted him gone for the sake of player development and to get a guy who will utilize the skill sets as JRob sees fit.

All of this is mostly true. I agree this is why J-Rob was ready to move on but in the end, it was his personality and how he handled himself in the post season that was the final nail in the coffin. I'd bet anything that if he at least pays lip service to what Amy and J-Rob wanted to hear, he'd be coaching this year. J-Rob was pretty fucked after that KC win. It's really hard to fire a coach that just brought a team no one believed in all the way to the divisional round. And then Mularkey made it easy for him. Never make yourself easy to fire.

I see the Mularkey situation being similar to the Caldwell situation in DET. Ultimately, Mularkey was not JR guy. I think JR knew Mularkey was not the answer, but was biding his time. Remains to be seen if Vrabel is the right guy, but if he's going to go down, its going to be with his own guy

The DET GM came from NE. Was saddled with Caldwell, another retread that most fans wouldn't be excited about it. Caldwell made the playoffs in 2016 and was 9-7 last season, and still got replaced by Patricia because Caldwell wasn't his guy