Training Camp Discussion

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dennis Kelly is in at RT with the first team.   the guys on Titans Reddit do a great job posting TC observations    

Mariota had a lot of grey area last season. His stats were awful, and there’s simply no way around them. Anyone who says he had a good year is fooling themselves. Anyone who says he was trash is being

Posted Images

I feel like the starting jobs are nearly all locks. Maybe Evans has to cement his job as a rookie and RT is up in the air if Conklin isn’t ready week 1, but otherwise the starters aren’t in question.

But there is going to be a lot of jockeying for position on the depth charts and plenty of quality players fighting for roster spots. 

4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I feel like the starting jobs are nearly all locks. Maybe Evans has to cement his job as a rookie and RT is up in the air if Conklin isn’t ready week 1, but otherwise the starters aren’t in question.

But there is going to be a lot of jockeying for position on the depth charts and plenty of quality players fighting for roster spots. 

Spain could get dethroned. Returner spot is an unknown.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I'd expect Brown to start the season

Maybe, but you think he'd start over Evans? Seems more likely that Woodyard would be the one starting over Evans. I imagine they eventually want Brown and Evans to be the starting ILBs.

19 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Maybe, but you think he'd start over Evans? Seems more likely that Woodyard would be the one starting over Evans. I imagine they eventually want Brown and Evans to be the starting ILBs.

I expect Woodyard and Brown to start the season as the ILBs

25 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I expect Woodyard and Brown to start the season as the ILBs

Why?

we used the 22nd pick to draft Evans n start day one. Not ride the bench behind a NLB

or do you think Brown is an everydown ILB for coverage duties solely and WW and Evans to rotate against run and blitz?

It'd be disappointing if Evans didn't start immediately. My gut feeling is it will be Evans and Woodyard starting, but won't be surprised if Brown unseats Woodyard as the season progresses. Sounds like Jayon was a standout in OTA.