Jump to content
AussieTitanFan08

Training Camp Discussion

Recommended Posts

Tomachek   

Definitely some interesting camp battles about to happen this year.

 

A lot of depth/talent at linebacker and corner this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the starting jobs are nearly all locks. Maybe Evans has to cement his job as a rookie and RT is up in the air if Conklin isn’t ready week 1, but otherwise the starters aren’t in question.

 

But there is going to be a lot of jockeying for position on the depth charts and plenty of quality players fighting for roster spots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I feel like the starting jobs are nearly all locks. Maybe Evans has to cement his job as a rookie and RT is up in the air if Conklin isn’t ready week 1, but otherwise the starters aren’t in question.

 

But there is going to be a lot of jockeying for position on the depth charts and plenty of quality players fighting for roster spots. 

Spain could get dethroned. Returner spot is an unknown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
8 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

 Maybe Evans has to cement his job

I'd expect Brown to start the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I'd expect Brown to start the season

Maybe, but you think he'd start over Evans? Seems more likely that Woodyard would be the one starting over Evans. I imagine they eventually want Brown and Evans to be the starting ILBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBukafax said:

Spain could get dethroned. Returner spot is an unknown.

It’s certainly possible. I still like Spain, but Pamphile and Su’a Filo will probably get their chance to unseat him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I'd expect Brown to start the season

I expect him to get plenty of playing time in the nickel, but I have my doubts they would start him over both Evans and Compton in the base D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
19 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Maybe, but you think he'd start over Evans? Seems more likely that Woodyard would be the one starting over Evans. I imagine they eventually want Brown and Evans to be the starting ILBs.

I expect Woodyard and Brown to start the season as the ILBs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kyle021   
25 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I expect Woodyard and Brown to start the season as the ILBs

Why?

 

we used the 22nd pick to draft Evans n start day one. Not ride the bench behind a NLB

 

or do you think Brown is an everydown ILB for coverage duties solely and WW and Evans to rotate against run and blitz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be disappointing if Evans didn't start immediately. My gut feeling is it will be Evans and Woodyard starting, but won't be surprised if Brown unseats Woodyard as the season progresses. Sounds like Jayon was a standout in OTA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×