Casey Says He'll Continue Raising Fist, Accept Fines

Jonboy

Seems like the media is already blowing this way out of proportion. All Casey really said is that he'll continue raising a fist (while standing) during the anthem. If he gets fined, so be it. Twitter is blowing up though with Ian Rapoport saying "Jurrell Casey becomes the first player to say he’s still going to protest during the anthem and take his fine."

People in TN are going to be flipping out over these headlines even though they haven't seemed to have had much of a problem with Casey's form of protest thus far.

Of course, this would all be made simpler if the NFL policy was actually clear on whether or not raising a fist while standing constitutes a fine or not.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good   The NFL bowed down to a Russian puppet president and will end up looking stupid in the end over it 

Jurrell is the best. 

His employer doesn't have to tolerate jack.  That seems to be lost on these players.  

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2018/07/18/titans-jurrell-casey-national-anthem-protest-going-take-my-fine-colin-kaepernick-rishard-matthews/796597002/

Titans defensive lineman Jurrell Casey intends to protest during the national anthem this season, and will pay whatever fine is handed down by the team, he told CNN on Wednesday in an interview during a promotional event in London.

"I'm going to take my fine," Casey said. "It is what it is, I ain't going to let them stop me from doing what I want to do. If they want to have these battles between players and organizations, this is the way it's going to be."

Casey, a three-time Pro Bowl lineman entering his eighth year in the NFL, has raised a fist after the playing of the national anthem before each game the last two seasons. He said that form of protest was because he “wanted to be respectful.”

7 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

His employer doesn't have to tolerate jack.  That seems to be lost on these players.  

Okay, then in reality it isn't a protest.  I used the wrong word of our complex language.  They are making a symbolic gesture.  They are not protesting the singing of the National Anthem, nor are they protesting against the NFL.  It's a gesture to aware people of the police brutality and killings of Americans.  Players wore pink, even before the NFL did it league wide.  Player have worn black arm band to recognize people who have died.  Players have done many things as gestures for years.  Fact.  Fact.  Fact.  And tons of more facts are there if you look to see that these type gestures have gone on for decades.

The only difference here is the NFL stupidly pointed their cameras on the gestures, week after week, until people who don't even watch kickoffs where all up in arms about it.

I won't respond further in this thread, hopefully.