Kawhi going to Toronto

Oiler FANatic

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would say lakers current roster played one of the smallest roles in his decision to come to LA

Why would they give him to LA for so little when an actual contender like Boston or Philly would give them way more than that? Keep dreaming. 

Shit like this is why I find Laker fans annoying and dumb. Only way he gets traded is if Toronto is struggling.  They will not be taking back Luol Deng's garbage contract. 

7 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Glad LA didnt succumb to media pressure and trade a good chunk of their youth. See you in 2019 Kawhi!

They would have lost most of their depth in a trade, but the trade-off is basically a wasted year for LeBron and the team as well.

Even if they do sign Kawhi in 2019, by the time he arrives in LA he will be joining an aging LBJ turning 35 right after the start of the season.

2 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Leonard will be a Laker by midseason. 

I can see Toronto giving Leonard to Lakers for Ingram&Hart at the midway point when they realize Kawhi ain’t staying long term. 

Why would they give him to LA for so little when an actual contender like Boston or Philly would give them way more than that? Keep dreaming. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You just see LA becoming the a top team again as your window is closing and you want to piss on it. Have at it...hater.

The Lakers have been worse than the Rockets for the last 6 years, and counting.

You can talk all the shit you want, but until the Lakers are even on par with the Rockets you are the only hater around here.....:cool:

43 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Why would they give him to LA for so little when an actual contender like Boston or Philly would give them way more than that? Keep dreaming. :rolleyes:

Shit like this is why I find Laker fans annoying and dumb.

Only way he gets traded is if Toronto is struggling.  They will not be taking back Luol Deng's garbage contract. 

26 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Shit like this is why I find Laker fans annoying and dumb.

Only way he gets traded is if Toronto is struggling.  They will not be taking back Luol Deng's garbage contract. 

Toronto will get value out of him and no team trades for him now knowing his plans after the Spurs traded him. 

Why would Boston or Philly give up a large amount of assets for half of a season when they can use their assets for the next two/three seasons?

Thats the better question. 

Philly would be giving up players that’ll stick around and only get better over the course of the next couple of years. Same with Boston. They won’t do that for a few months of superstar acquisition and waste star (and future superstar long term potential) for one ring and no shot at keeping the player. 

LA would be giving up a young verging star player for an elite superstar that WILL stay. It’s a no brainer on the Lakers end and a major no no on the other team ends. 

9 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

It’s a no brainer on the Lakers end

That's why none of your ridiculous trades in any sport actually happen or are remotely plausible, you literally think of only one side of the trade and are too blind for some reason to realize that a trade requires 2 teams

4 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

That's why none of your ridiculous trades in any sport actually happen or are remotely plausible, you literally think of only one side of the trade and are too blind for some reason to realize that a trade requires 2 teams

And he skips the part where I talk about how it wouldn’t be beneficial to Boston, Philly, Toronto... all the while telling me I only see it from one team’s end... when he is only looking at the post from one end. 

Shut your mouth

1 minute ago, Kyle021 said:

And he skips the part where I talk about how it wouldn’t be beneficial to Boston, Philly, Toronto... all the while telling me I only see it from one team’s end... when he is only looking at the post from one end. 

Shut your mouth

Dude, your only thing that makes sense is that they will get something out of him in Toronto by dealing him. No shit, it's called a trade not free agency. The thing is your "value" they get out of him is a ham fucking sandwich. Shut your mouth for once about these prophecies of yours.

That's like me saying that the Titans should pay Lewan $12 for every game he plays this season, that way he is making money!!! Get your head out of your ass. You still have realize the value these players have at some point, right? 

2 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

But what's the alternative? Let him ride out the season for a chance that hasnt gotten much better at a title, just to let him walk for nothing?

That kind of makes Kyles trade, regardless of how you feel about the players involved, more valuable. No?

You really think he resigns in TOR?

Of course its more valuable. That doesn't mean it is reasonable enough to let it happen.

Yes, the alternative is let him ride out the season in the weak east and see where it takes them.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 minute ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Well run franchises always look out for the future. Spurs did it for years. LA is doing it now. Everyone saying they need to not be patient and take advantage of having LBJ. But they are looking out for the future while trying to find ways to be good right now.

Of course they look for the future, but not for a ham sandwich.

I already said I don't like this trade because how short-sighted it is, so I guess I wouldn't put it past them to essentially trade Derozan for a guy much worse than him

1 minute ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You're poking fun because you think it's a ham sandwhich yet its going to turn out to be a meatless sandwhich. Just bread, maybe some cheese. TOR fans will be eating a toastie with a side of whine in 2019.

This has nothing to do with the Lakers, get real... They traded Derozan away for Kawhi and to see what they could do with him... You think the young Lakers guys are better or worth Derozan?

6 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So probably dont beat BOS and they def would not beat GSW. So they are wasting rebuilding fuel for one year of hoping just to get to the Finals.

Idiotic. Anyway you cut it. They HAVE to win the Finals or resign KL for it to make sense. Both are very very unlikely atm.

Trading for a much less young player is dumb anyway you cut it. They SHOULD have kept Derozan in the first place but making one bad decision doesn't mean they should make another in a feeble attempt to convince themselves they are a competent franchise by going younger.