Murray to retire

japan

One year to late, was obvious after the first 4 games, and I'd imagine it was visible to the coaches from the late game film in 2016 and what was seen in the off-season.

Hard to change course when your scheme/play calling relies on a stud RB that turns into a lump pud.

Should have gotten Henry way more involved early on, if nothing else to vet him.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The guy played a huge part in turning this franchise around.

Glad he was a Titan. Thanks for 2016.

I'm pretty sure he was retired before last year.

5 minutes ago, Smokes said:

One year to late, was obvious after the first 4 games

Funny, I posted he was washed up right away and some people said he looked fine

17 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Funny, I posted he was washed up right away and some people said he looked fine

If he was being used or schemed as a number 2 and or 3rd down back I think he could have stilled offered the team something last year, always felt that would be he's role when signed if he was to survive his contact.

As not only THE GUY but THE GUY that the play calling/scheme ran though is well fuck man self evident.

With the above said when you look back at that point and MM getting gimpy again they may have felt they had no choice

Glad we got a playoff win, even happier to move on and maybe forward.

Hope dude invested well and gets mad poontang, always came off as good guy.

4 minutes ago, Smokes said:

If he was being used or schemed as a number 2 and or 3rd down back I think he could have stilled offered the team something last year

If you can't hit the hole  role doesn't matter. 

17 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

If you can't hit the hole  role doesn't matter. 

True, but if he only had 7 to 8 carries, passpro responsibility, and catching passes out of the backfield he would have been alright in that role, not long term mind you, but last year yeah I think he'd been alright.

More of a plus than the negative he became due to the workload last year.

And to think... malarkey would still have him starting this season if he was in charge. 

What at a buffoon. 

Murray was great for about 4 of 34 games.  Was terrible for about 25 of the rest. 

Hindered the growth of Henry.. 

thanks for for your time but glad we moved on

And to think... malarkey would still have him starting this season if he was in charge. 

What at a buffoon. 

Murray was great for about 4 of 34 games.  Was terrible for about 25 of the rest. 

Hindered the growth of Henry.. 

thanks for for your time but glad we moved on

9 hours ago, Smokes said:

True, but if he only had 7 to 8 carries, passpro responsibility, and catching passes out of the backfield he would have been alright in that role, not long term mind you, but last year yeah I think he'd been alright.

More of a plus than the negative he became due to the workload last year.

Murray averaged 11 carries a game last year and the 2nd half the split with Henry was almost dead even. He didn't have some bell cow workload 

48 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

Mularkey ruined him

Murray ruined himself by refusing to sit his old ass down when he was clearly injured. His pride and fear of Henry fully taking over hurt the team and ultimately his own career. It's too bad because he seems like a high-character guy but pride makes fools of us all at times. Mularkey could've/should've sat him but it's hard to sit a guy who swears he's good and I'm sure looks ok during the week of practice when he's a team leader.

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Murray averaged 11 carries a game last year and the 2nd half the split with Henry was almost dead even. He didn't have some bell cow workload 

It got so bad, even Mularkey/Robiskie were forced to acknowledge it....albeit somewhat grudgingly.

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

Murray ruined himself by refusing to sit his old ass down when he was clearly injured. His pride and fear of Henry fully taking over hurt the team and ultimately his own career. It's too bad because he seems like a high-character guy but pride makes fools of us all at times. Mularkey could've/should've sat him but it's hard to sit a guy who swears he's good and I'm sure looks ok during the week of practice when he's a team leader.

Come on, no player is going to voluntarily sit down if he's being allowed to play.  I remember watching him in the Cleveland game last year and he could barely move, yet they kept running him back out there.  It was on Mularkey and staff for continuing to play him. 

The thing with Murray is he could have served a valuable role as merely a 3rd down back.  He was terrific as a pass catcher and a blocker.  Remember that 4th down catch he had at KC in 2016?