Russian Trolls On Twitter Pose As Ex-Democrats For #WalkAway Movement

pat

6 minutes ago, ctm said:

The next election is 4 months away.  With soybean and pork producers, among others, taking it on the chin because of Trump's tariffs, now would be the perfect time for democrats to advance a farm and rural America policy.  I don't see it happening.  Maybe some local congressional candidates will say something about it but I'm not really hopeful.

As long as Pelosi, Schumer, and Waters are running the show I don’t have much hope of them coming out with any comprehensive plans. The only thing they seem to know how to do is to take potshots at Trump. And then you have the ultra liberals who simply are not going to rile up anyone except other ultra liberals. 

Hopefully it works out. I’ve never voted straight party line, but I am this year. Until Trump is nuetered or out of office I’m a Democrat I guess (ugh). So, by extension hopefully the disgust with the Republicans also trickles down to people like me, because as far as I can see the Democrats literally have no platform. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

31 minutes ago, Bink said:

3 million is a mandate. 

You putz.

3 million is 1.5% of registered voters and well under 1% of the population.

Hence,... 1.5% is well under "mandate" status.

Everyone knows the electoral college determines the winner, you included.

There's even a thread around here where all you putzes got together to predict how big hillary's EC win would be.

This country is not a democracy.

GTF over it.

7 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

You putz.

3 million is 1.5% of registered voters and well under 1% of the population.

Hence,... 1.5% is well under "mandate" status.

Everyone knows the electoral college determines the winner, you included.

There's even a thread around here where all you putzes got together to predict how big hillary's EC win would be.

This country is not a democracy.

GTF over it.

Let’s turn this into a hypothetical and say the entire thing was the exact opposite outcome while Trump was calling the election rigged...that’s not a pretty thought. 

It’s okay to admit a 3 million margin/80k over 3 state spread when we know for a fact the populace was astroturffed by the Russians isn’t an easy pill to swallow, just like it wouldn’t have been if the reverse was the case. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

7 hours ago, begooode said:

Social media manipulation is so far ahead of our collective abilities right now.  I understand that the average Russian has much more awareness than we do as they have been fed misinformation for decades.

They don’t... they just don’t believe anything. 

Most I know here either don’t care and will lie till the end of time for self preservation or they are looking for a way out of having to live in Russia again one day... but they still avoid political talk. 

Thw russian people are so beat down that this state of “not as bad as during the wars” looks like a pretty good thing... so they turn a blind eye to atrocities. 

4 minutes ago, titanruss said:

They don’t... they just don’t believe anything. 

Good point.  Not necessarily that they have greater discernment, but that they have to shut out all the conflicting noise all the time without being able to credibly challenge the government (free and reliable press).  Depressing.

A complete aside — saw an in flight movie: Death of Stalin. A recent B grade dark political comedy with a fair amount of creative license I’m sure, but it was worth the watch. It just crazy to think how a authoritarian regime can just manufacture and enforce “truth” on a capricious basis as long as you stay aligned with power.

And the people, well they were just trying to avoid getting rounded up and shot every evening.

5 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

As long as Pelosi, Schumer, and Waters are running the show I don’t have much hope of them coming out with any comprehensive plans. The only thing they seem to know how to do is to take potshots at Trump. And then you have the ultra liberals who simply are not going to rile up anyone except other ultra liberals. 

Hopefully it works out. I’ve never voted straight party line, but I am this year. Until Trump is nuetered or out of office I’m a Democrat I guess (ugh). So, by extension hopefully the disgust with the Republicans also trickles down to people like me, because as far as I can see the Democrats literally have no platform. 

These elections are won and lost on the state/district level. The Democrats' party message isn’t going to matter for the most part other than pushing opposition to what Trump and the GOP are selling. It’s going to come down to what the Democratic nominee has to say to his district or to his state.

Connor Lamb wasn’t going to win his PA district based on what Pelosi had to say. Doug Jones didn’t win in AL because of anything Schumer said. 

3 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

These elections are won and lost on the state/district level. The Democrats' party message isn’t going to matter for the most part other than pushing opposition to what Trump and the GOP are selling. It’s going to come down to what the Democratic nominee has to say to his district or to his state.

Connor Lamb wasn’t going to win his PA district based on what Pelosi had to say. Doug Jones didn’t win in AL because of anything Schumer said. 

I know. ctm was discussing a national policy helping farmers. That isn’t happening under current leadership. Maybe it shouldn’t, but I agree with his sentiment that farmers were already struggling for 101 reasons and now they’re in the crosshairs. 

15 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I know. ctm was discussing a national policy helping farmers. That isn’t happening under current leadership. Maybe it shouldn’t, but I agree with his sentiment that farmers were already struggling for 101 reasons and now they’re in the crosshairs. 

Well if the Dems had any power to pass laws maybe it would be different. But they have publicly opposed the tariffs so that’s their message to farmers.