Lesean McCoy beat his gf bad (allegedly)

MamlngEnvy

21 minutes ago, 8MM said:

Then they shouldn't have kids. The world would be a better place if this was the norm.   How many times have you heard from parents in the news when they are shocked their kid did something bad and they always say my kid was a good kid?  Bugs the shit out me.   

By my definition, my parents shouldn't have had any kids.  They were ill equipped to have kids.  Too many reasons why.  I shouldn't have been born to such bad parents. 

Do you have kids? If you do, are they perfect? Those imperfections they have, are you directly responsible for them?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So does that about sum up/stave off the 40 page debate that we are/were headed toward? God I fucking hope so.

Man, season 1 of True Detective was excellent. Season 2 was kinda shitty----but this scene is fucking awesome.

It has little to nothing to do with CTE. 

39 minutes ago, 8MM said:

Then they shouldn't have kids. The world would be a better place if this was the norm.   How many times have you heard from parents in the news when they are shocked their kid did something bad and they always say my kid was a good kid?  Bugs the shit out me.   

By my definition, my parents shouldn't have had any kids.  They were ill equipped to have kids.  Too many reasons why.  I shouldn't have been born to such bad parents. 

Plenty of parents deserve a beating like that, but it's usually related to who they are as people, not parents.  If I witnessed my father take a beating because of something I did, it definitely would set me straight, but it would also give me an insurmountable amount of guilt that would likely scar me for life.  I think that scene was meant to portray that the main character was completely losing his shit, and not a how-to video about being a parent or deal with bullying.

1 hour ago, Righteous said:

This is the dumbest shit I have ever heard.  I have 6 siblings who were all honor students and never got into a lick of trouble.  I was getting suspended from school at 7 and drinking at 12.  I have friends who are twins.  One is a chemical engineer and the other is an unemployed alcoholic.  At what point did my parents or my friends' parents forget how to parent?  Do you think they parented kids differently?  

You are missing the point.  Not all kids are the same and not all siblings turn out the same way BUT the parents are still responsible for the ones that don't.  Until they reach 18.  Not one of my siblings got into trouble but that doesn't mean my parents were good parents. 

Anyone who thinks this is the dumbest shit they ever heard, is why America and the world is fucked up. 

2 hours ago, Righteous said:

This is the dumbest shit I have ever heard.  I have 6 siblings who were all honor students and never got into a lick of trouble.  I was getting suspended from school at 7 and drinking at 12.  I have friends who are twins.  One is a chemical engineer and the other is an unemployed alcoholic.  At what point did my parents or my friends' parents forget how to parent?  Do you think they parented kids differently?  

Not all of us went throughout the same parenthood. My youngest brother almost burnt the house down and all he got was a hair yanking and 2 weeks without going out. I "dared" to cross from one corner to another, on a very calm area, and I got the belt.

My youngest brother is a huge prick nowadays, and he studied Industrial Design in a prestigous college. But he is a huge prick.

it's fucked up to think that everyone fits in the same pattern. Do not be so ignorant.

28 minutes ago, 8MM said:

You are missing the point.  Not all kids are the same and not all siblings turn out the same way BUT the parents are still responsible for the ones that don't.  Until they reach 18.  Not one of my siblings got into trouble but that doesn't mean my parents were good parents. 

Anyone who thinks this is the dumbest shit they ever heard, is why America and the world is fucked up. 

From the beginning of time, children have done dumb shit!  They always will and children doing dumb shit does not mean parents are bad.  We know about responsibility.  You said show a bad kid and you will show a bad parent.  That’s dumb.  

6 minutes ago, TitanicoNFLriotFAN said:

Not all of us went throughout the same parenthood. My youngest brother almost burnt the house down and all he got was a hair yanking and 2 weeks without going out. I "dared" to cross from one corner to another, on a very calm area, and I got the belt.

My youngest brother is a huge prick nowadays, and he studied Industrial Design in a prestigous college. But he is a huge prick.

it's fucked up to think that everyone fits in the same pattern. Do not be so ignorant.

Stay on track.  Are your parents bad or pricks because your brother is?

Some boys our ages lived in a house next to the pathway that ran between streets and was up high like a levy.  They were notorious for throwing rocks at us when we walked by.  They had a bin of coal on their back porch and would throw that too. Superior firepower.  We decided that we were going to end this. All we had was rocks we could find by the path. There was a hedge apple tree growing beside the path.   We had just bought firecrackers and we started putting firecrackers in the hedge apples and hurling them.  They would jump all scared when the hedge bombs went off.  We ran them back into the house, but they started running out the front of the shotgun house they lived it.  So, we stationed two men at the front door to run them back in and three at the back.  Finally we penned them inside and went on about our business.

That night, somebody knocked at the door.  Their mama came over and my daddy had to pay for two screen doors and a couple of windows.  I won't ever forget the whipping we got that night.

6 hours ago, Righteous said:

Stay on track.  Are your parents bad or pricks because your brother is?

So now you want to know more so you can carve deeper?

The point is that not all parents are fair to their children, that some parents have preferences, that those preferences can create a prick out from that favorised kid..and that does bring issues for life.

Also, fairness is not welcome at all families, not every slibling reacts/grows/understand things as desired or with the same outcome  like the other sliblings did (or do).

Is this a part of parents being pricks to some of their kids and not all? I am sure it does.

14 hours ago, TitanicoNFLriotFAN said:

So now you want to know more so you can carve deeper?

The point is that not all parents are fair to their children, that some parents have preferences, that those preferences can create a prick out from that favorised kid..and that does bring issues for life.

Also, fairness is not welcome at all families, not every slibling reacts/grows/understand things as desired or with the same outcome  like the other sliblings did (or do).

Is this a part of parents being pricks to some of their kids and not all? I am sure it does.

That’s an argument for another time.  What this discussion had become was a poster saying bad children are an indication of bad parents.  The fact is all kids, at some point, decide the things that are important to them.  Kids do things to impress other kids, and inevitably will do stupid things.  Some get away with doing dumb stuff and some don’t.  But all of us have pushed the line and crossed the line of our parents rules.  It’s all a part of the learning process.  We all have done things that we know are wrong behind our parents backs.  Am I saying there aren’t bad parents?  No.  What I am saying is kids will be kids.  It’s life.  There is a line from The Wire where a dealer says to the cops, “We grind and you try to stop it.  That’s how we do!”  That’s much like the relationship with parents and children.  Parenting is often reactionary, as we try to correct kids.  But children are always defying parents.  That defiance does not make bad parents...it just is what it is.

Edited by Righteous

2 hours ago, Righteous said:

That’s an argument for another time.  What this discussion had become was a poster saying bad children is an indication of bad parents.  The fact is all kids, at some point, decide the things that are important to them.  Kids do things to impress other kids, and inevitably will do stupid things.  Some get away with doing dumb stuff and some don’t.  But all of us have pushed the line and crossed the line of our parents rules.  It’s all a part of the learning process.  We all have done things that we know are wrong behind our parents backs.  Am I saying there aren’t bad parents?  No.  What I am saying is kids will be kids.  It’s life.  There is a line from The Wire where a dealer says to the cops, “We grind and you try to stop it.  That’s how we do!”  That’s much like the relationship with parents and children.  Parenting is often reactionary, as we try to correct kids.  But children are always defying parents.  That defiance does not make bad parents...it just is what it is.

I think what you're talking about is not bad kids but kids who go through a phase.  Yeah many kids go through that phase.  But many kids who continue to do bad shit their whole life's, had parents who were either absent and/or didn't have a clue.  They let their kid go out, not knowing where they go or who they go with.  These types can be decent people but not fit to be a parent.  You will find parents out there who are too stressed out from work or making ends meet to not have the time or the energy to properly take care of their kids.   And parents who don't  know how to love, give affection, attention, and just being there for the kids. 

It was said that in this world everyone is doing the best they can with what they can.  I can agree with this but sometimes it's not good enough. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000940181/article/lesean-mccoys-exgirlfriend-on-robbery-he-set-me-up

McCoy also told the officers that jewelers had loaned him and Cordon jewelry to wear at events and that Cordon had not returned the items. He said he asked Cordon to return the jewelry multiple times.

Now things are starting to look shady.

8 hours ago, TitanicoNFLriotFAN said:

No, the actual point he was originally saying was that when kids do dumb shit it was due to shitty parenting. There is no way you think that's actually true?

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

No, the actual point he was originally saying was that when kids do dumb shit it was due to shitty parenting. There is no way you think that's actually true?

According to what I posted in this subject, according to my own experience also...of course is true!

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000940181/article/lesean-mccoys-exgirlfriend-on-robbery-he-set-me-up

McCoy also told the officers that jewelers had loaned him and Cordon jewelry to wear at events and that Cordon had not returned the items. He said he asked Cordon to return the jewelry multiple times.

Now things are starting to look shady.

Could it be the jewelers weren't to be fucked with? Lol.

21 hours ago, abc2330 said:

There are plenty of shitheads at that age, and it's often a result of culture and peer pressure, not parenting. 

I was never physically abusive, but I was an Ass hole at the age.  Instead of catching my dad off-guard with brass knuckles, the father of the child had a discussion with my dad, he had a discussion with me.  I learned that there were consequences for my actions, and that there was a world beyond that of impressing my peers.  My father, who I respected a great deal, did similar things at my age, and grew up to be a great man, father, attorney, etc.  Ultimately, he understood the mind of a kid, and how to relate to that, and it worked wonders.    

That experience really opened my eyes and made me a much better and more empathetic person than what a fist could do.  I began volunteering as a teenager and making humanitarian efforts because of my newfound empathy, and worked hard for a full academic scholarship so it wouldn't cost my parents a dime.  As I said, we should view kids for what they are instead of assuming that they'll turn into monsters like McCoy, and remember that public schools put a massive amount of pressure on these kids to be cool and do the exact opposite of what their parents tell them.

This reads like a political campaign fluff story to get votes. Just sayin'...