Sign in to follow this  
tgo

Kendrick Lewis

tgo   

Interesting little tidbit on our new primary backup safety. In addition for playing under Pees with Baltimore and Vrabel in Houston, I didn't realize he was also Vrabel's teammate in Kansas City. 

Soxcat   

Lewis sat out last year after getting cut but from 2010-2015 he was a solid starter (actually became a starter 1/2 way through his rookie season when the starter got injured).  Be interesting to see if he can provide some solid vet depth. 

Number9   

https://www.titansonline.com/news/former-teammates-kendrick-lewis-mike-vrabel-reunited-with-titans 

Back in 2010, Kendrick Lewis shared a locker room with Mike Vrabel.

They were teammates with the Kansas City Chiefs for one season. Lewis, a defensive back, was in his first NFL season. Vrabel, a linebacker, was in his 14th year in the league.

Vrabel is an interesting story.  Head coach eight years after ending his NFL career.  Eight years!  I think Vrabel is going to be a very good coach for somebody, I hope it's us.  Coaches don't come out of the gate with experience.  I hope we get in on the best of him and not be the ones giving up on him while he's getting the experience.

LOhunter   
3 hours ago, tgo said:

Interesting little tidbit on our new primary backup safety. In addition for playing under Pees with Baltimore and Vrabel in Houston, I didn't realize he was also Vrabel's teammate in Kansas City. 

Thought the rookie the drafted would be the primary backup safety...?

tgo   
58 minutes ago, LOhunter said:

Doubtful imo

He'll have a very steep learning curve according to his college position coach Chuck Cecil and per all the scouting reports I've read. I think Cruikshank's primary contribution will be on special teams. 

1 hour ago, LOhunter said:

He has never actually played safety before. They can’t count on him to be the primary backup right away.

Face   

My God if Byard gets hurt we're dead. Kendrick Lewis runs about a 5.3 these days.

Soxcat   
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, FRT said:

Plus if Cecil coached him, he has a long way to go.  Should be a strong contributor on ST.

About all the kid is going to be good for is this:

patsplat   
On 7/5/2018 at 9:27 AM, Soxcat said:

About all the kid is going to be good for is this:

Oh.... the Hawaiian peace sign!