Sign in to follow this  
NashvilleNinja

Mike Keith - The Moon Pie King

Number9   

They have this in Bell Buckle every year.  It's always hot as hell.  You see bunches of people walking eating a Moon Pie and drinking a RC Cola.  The bottle will be frosted, makes you want one like you're in the desert.  Ambrosia.  Meal for a king.

They have a bigger festival in the fall.  The third weekend in Oct.  It's one of the largest TN Festivals.  If you have someone you want to take somewhere, women love this one.

TitanTez   
8 hours ago, Number9 said:

They have this in Bell Buckle every year.  It's always hot as hell.  You see bunches of people walking eating a Moon Pie and drinking a RC Cola.  The bottle will be frosted, makes you want one like you're in the desert.  Ambrosia.  Meal for a king.

They have a bigger festival in the fall.  The third weekend in Oct.  It's one of the largest TN Festivals.  If you have someone you want to take somewhere, women love this one.

I see the Bell Buckle sign going down the interstate  but never thought of stopping to take a piss.

Rolltide   

I love moon pies after you put them in the microwave for about 8 seconds. No longer than that or they will be ruined. I'm not a big marshmallow fan but I like those. All kinds. Can;t eat too many of them being a diabetic but they are quite good. 

Yes ideally with milk or coffee.  

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

What the heck is a Moon Pie? It looks like it's commercially mass-produced but I have never even heard of that.

They're sorta like whoopie pies, but use graham cracker-like cookies instead the whoopie's more cake-like cookies. Moon pies also use marshmallow filling instead of cream filling. Moon Pies are also dipped in various flavor coatings like vanilla, chocolate, butterscotch, etc.

https://moonpie.com

Kinda odd you've never heard of them. They originated from a bakery in Chattanooga so of course they're more prominent in the south, but still... they're kinda famous all over.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

Face   
On 6/17/2018 at 2:38 PM, NashvilleNinja said:

Idk wtf people like pairing moon pies with RC colas. They taste like shit together. Coffee, milk, or tea would be far better pairings.

I've always said soda, especially Pepsi or Coke, is so dependent taste wise on A)what food you drink it with, if you are eating. And more importantly, B)what you drink it out of. A can or glass bottle kills a plastic 20 oz bottle. The hands down best though is a solo cup. A cauldron of soda in a solo cup with a shit ton of ice is the shit...

Number9   
1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Kinda odd you've never heard of them.

I'm guessing he ain't never lived in a trailer park either.  

Moon Pie = Whoopie Pie  is an insult to the Whoopie Pie.

WG53   
20 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Moon Pies themselves are great. RC Colas themselves are great. Moon Pies with RC Cola suck.

RC tastes like flat coca cola. Not great at all.

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

They're sorta like whoopie pies, but use graham cracker-like cookies instead the whoopie's more cake-like cookies. Moon pies also use marshmallow filling instead of cream filling. Moon Pies are also dipped in various flavor coatings like vanilla, chocolate, butterscotch, etc.

https://moonpie.com

Kinda odd you've never heard of them. They originated from a bakery in Chattanooga so of course they're more prominent in the south, but still... they're kinda famous all over.

Honestly, I've never even heard of a Whoopie Pie either lol