Number9

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Lewis and Henry bandwagon...

Jesus! In that pic Henry looks like he's trying to coach his son.

The ideal scenario is the team gets a lead and wears out the defense with playaction and their run game. In the 4th quarter the pass rushers are rested and Henry runs over a tired worn out defense. Th

Posted Images

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

You have to be able to run between the tackles too

And he will when it’s there. He is an outside in runner though. The outside zone gives him enough space to do his rounded cut back. If we want to run between the tackles I think Lewis will be the guy in the backfield. 

9 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

And he will when it’s there. He is an outside in runner though. The outside zone gives him enough space to do his rounded cut back. If we want to run between the tackles I think Lewis will be the guy in the backfield. 

Oman is right on that, he can't just run outside.  I think he showed in the Jax and KC games he would run forward.  Last year, he was in some type of doghouse with Mularkey/Robiski.  Every time he was on the field he was  pressing to do something special.  I don't think he's going to feel that kind pressure this year.  It's not a competition.

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Lewis needs to stay healthy, as durability seems to be his biggest concern. Henry is going to get plenty of carries between keeping Lewis' carries in check and filling in when Lewis is injured.

But Henry is a big threat in his own right. If he can become a more controlled runner (without bouncing everything outside) and a better pass blocker he could still be an awesome back.

The popular thought is that backs, if they're going to be very good, will show that immediately. But doesn't it take some a little time? Even Adrian Peterson, as good as he was, had a little problem with fumbling the ball his first few years. But he worked on it and got better.

21 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The popular thought is that backs, if they're going to be very good, will show that immediately. But doesn't it take some a little time? Even Adrian Peterson, as good as he was, had a little problem with fumbling the ball his first few years. But he worked on it and got better.

Yup, RBs improve over time. Henry still has time to add to his skills and become a better back. He is still young.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

Oman is right on that, he can't just run outside.  I think he showed in the Jax and KC games he would run forward.  Last year, he was in some type of doghouse with Mularkey/Robiski.  Every time he was on the field he was  pressing to do something special.  I don't think he's going to feel that kind pressure this year.  It's not a competition.

But the type of run and blocking is the difference for Henry. He isn’t an iso pound the ball through the tackles type of runner. If Henry is going to have any success running in between the tackles it will be in this offense. Henry will have the most success running outside but like I said this outside zone allows him the space to possibly turn back inside. He gets to press the outside and look for something on the inside to open up as the play develops. Where as last year he was hitting the inside and bouncing it out which we all couldn’t stand. The good thing is we have Lewis as well and not everything will fall on Henry. 

1 hour ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

But the type of run and blocking is the difference for Henry. He isn’t an iso pound the ball through the tackles type of runner. If Henry is going to have any success running in between the tackles it will be in this offense. Henry will have the most success running outside but like I said this outside zone allows him the space to possibly turn back inside. He gets to press the outside and look for something on the inside to open up as the play develops. Where as last year he was hitting the inside and bouncing it out which we all couldn’t stand. The good thing is we have Lewis as well and not everything will fall on Henry. 

However, I think it’s going to be better. 

I think that vid review by the Texan fan is spot on...this offense and blocking scheme should play to Henry's strengths.  

If the blocking is there I could see Henry getting some crazy runs, and the RB tandem with Lewis being ridiculously good.

But only time will tell;  as in we don't know shit yet until we see some pads and real games!