Manafort In jail

LongTimeFan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really try to stay out of it on here. I don't want people to feel unwelcome based on their political beliefs. I just think that this has risen above that.

- Campaign Head for 144 Days - Personally Picked Pence - Relationship with Trump for 30+ years - Lived in Trump Tower - Worked on Trump transition team - Attended infamous Trump Tower meetin

Yeah, I agree. I just don't see how the head of a campaign being in bed with foreign powers might relate to collusion of that campaign with those those same foreign powers.   What power did

Posted Images

1 hour ago, reo said:

Scary you want someone indicted for multiple crimes to get a pardon just bc he's in your side and could rat on your president.

Well, the crimes of Manafort aren't really that bad, so going after him is clearly politically based.  

But emails though......

It you think Manafort is due a pardon and is being unfairly treated, then read this story about his role in the attacks on IS troops in Ukraine.  He's a traitor for hire.

Trump Aide Connected To 2006 Overseas Attack On US Marines

https://taskandpurpose.com/manafort-connected-ukraine-attack-marines-trump/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

6 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I don't even know how to react to some of the statements in here.  The whole government isn't out to get Trump and Manafort.  

He's not in jail for political prosecution.  He's in jail for tax evasion, serious levels of fraud, and oh yea colluding with a foreign power.  You can twist it.  You can pander to the base who is in complete denial but the facts are clear.  Manafort is a criminal and deserves to go to Jail. 

Ben is right about collusion only so far that we stopped investigating whether there was collusion with the campaign and Russia a while ago.  We KNOW there was at the very least attempted collusion.  What most people think happened but can't yet prove is if Donald Trump himself was the catalyst for that collusion.  

We don't know whether Mueller and his team have stopped investigating collusion or not.  We aren't getting a lot of info on that because Mueller is playing his cards close to the vest.  In addition, other areas of investigation are more prominent in the news, making it seem that collusion isn't as important.

A big unknown is whether there was an operational link between the Trump campaign and the Russians. There are hints that there were ties between Cambridge Analytica and Wikileaks. So we will have to wait and see how that plays out.

3 minutes ago, ctm said:

@Justafan

One other thing, regarding not knowing how to react to some of the statements in here.  Think about it this way....

On one side of the argument and public relations battle you have Trump with his bully pulpit, tweets, etc.  Then you have Fox news amplifying everything he says.  You have both houses of congress controlled by republicans who aren't providing oversight, checks and balances and in some cases are enabling Trump.  There aren't any televised hearings like in Watergate for people to see what's actually happening.

On the other side, you have Mueller and his team who are just doing their job and almost totally silent except for court filings.  And then you have a few congressional democrats who are speaking out.

It's little wonder that Trump's propaganda war is being effective.

I guess I give people too much credit.  It's so obvious what is happening.  

They are def still investigating collusion. Cohen will be a huge piece to that assuming he flips and the evidence taken from him in the raid. Adam Schiff said yesterday during the House investigation there were very damning connections between Cohen and the Russians. He said the Republicans refused to follow up on those connections but Mueller will. 

11 hours ago, reo said:

He wants to hint that they will so Manafort doesn't cut a deal. Doesn't mean he will. If Trump pardons Manafort, he should get impeached for obstruction. If the GOP is so far in his pocket that they won't then odds are they don't impeach him almost no matter what Mueller finds in which case he doesn't need to pardon him.

So what do they do? Dangle the pardon and hint about it to prevent Manafort from cooperating.

Only way a pardon comes imo is if Manafort decides to cooperate and Trump does it before he talks but I think if he does decide to cooperate that Mueller will lock down his testimony before it gets out.

Trump can't help Cohen from state crimes so I'd say that's unlikely.

Pardoning him before he talks is beyond stupid as he can then be called before a grand jury. The only way to protect Trump is for Manafort to plead guilty then get pardoned.

One additional point:

Mueller went on to study at Princeton University, where he continued to play lacrosse,[15] receiving a B.A. in politics with a senior thesis on jurisdiction in the South West Africa cases in 1966.[15] Mueller earned an M.A. in international relations from New York University in 1967, before pursuing his Juris Doctor degree.

In 1968, Mueller joined the U.S. Marine Corps. He has cited his teammate David Spencer Hackett's death in the Vietnam War as an influence on his decision to pursue military service.[16] Of his classmate, Mueller has said, "One of the reasons I went into the Marine Corps was because we lost a very good friend, a Marine in Vietnam, who was a year ahead of me at Princeton. There were a number of us who felt we should follow his example and at least go into the service. And it flows from there."[17] Hackett was a Marine Corps first lieutenant in the infantry and was killed in 1967 in Quảng Trị Province by small arms fire.[18]

After waiting a year so a knee injury could heal, Mueller was accepted for officer training in the United States Marine Corps in 1968, attending training at Parris Island, Officer Candidate School, Army Ranger School, and Army jump school. Of all these, he said later that he considered Ranger School the most valuable. "[It] more than anything teaches you about how you react with no sleep and nothing to eat."[20][21]

In July 1968, he was sent to South Vietnam, where he served as a rifle platoon leader with Second Platoon, H Company, 2nd Battalion, 4th Marines, 3rd Marine Division.[7][22] On 11 December 1968 during an engagement in Operation Scotland II, he earned the Bronze Star with 'V' distinction for combat valor for rescuing a wounded Marine under enemy fire during an ambush in which he saw half of his platoon become casualties.[23][24][25][26] In April 1969, he received an enemy gunshot wound in the thigh, recovered, and returned to lead his platoon until June 1969.[27] For his service in and during the Vietnam War, his military decorations and awards include: the Bronze Star Medal with Combat "V", Purple Heart Medal, two Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals with Combat "V", Combat Action Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal with three service stars, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross, Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, and Parachutist Badge.[7][27][21]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mueller

Now read the story about Manafort's role in Ukraine:

https://taskandpurpose.com/manafort-connected-ukraine-attack-marines-trump/amp/?__twitter_impression=true 

You think if Manafort had any role what so ever in the attack on US Marines that Mueller will ever let him out of jail if he can help it?   He may never be given the option to flip.