Is there a chance we trade for a WR

kyle021

9 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

he also mentioned Taywan Taylor has made a massive improvement understanding the offense from the start of the offseason program to the end of the program.

He also talked about Taylor playing more on the outside

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dez, on a one year deal, would be unhappy and complaining very quickly simply because he wouldn't get the ball enough to increase his future market value.  He's also probably too stupid to learn the o

Matthews is a good 2. He isn’t remotely a 1. 

On 6/17/2018 at 12:35 PM, Starkiller said:

Matthews is a good 2. He isn’t remotely a 1. 

i'd say solid, slightly-above-average #2. good is still a stretch for me. he doesnt make plays really.. he's just fairly reliable with decent speed. 

On 6/18/2018 at 12:40 AM, StephenIsLegend said:

Notice how I said “at times”? 

i dont think he's ever looked like a #1. he had a couple of games with that level of production but half the WR in the league do that. 

10 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Cosell actually broke this play down and said Mariota held the ball way too long. He should have thrown it much sooner and it's a TD

you keep getting punched in the face, youre going to flinch.

you keep throwing it to young guys with timing throws to spots they are supposed to be and get picked off... you start making sure they are actually open. 

10 hours ago, Thrill said:

T.O. ran a 4.43ish forty today. It's probably closer to a 4.5 but that's still faster than Decker was last season. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000937661/article/watch-terrell-owens-run-a-443-40yard-dash

9 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

That’s actually pretty impressive. 

hand-timed 4.43 is probably actually closer to a 4.8  - IF that. 
hand timing cuts off anywhere from .2 to .6 sec. 

thats why you have all these stories of high school kids running 4.1s when they are really 4.4-4.5

article even says you add .08 because of the track conditions... so now we are looking closer to 4.9

Edited by titanruss

27 minutes ago, titanruss said:

you keep throwing it to young guys with timing throws to spots they are supposed to be and get picked off... you start making sure they are actually open. 

This is retarded and not at all how it works. This isn't college, you can't wait for guys to break open in the NFL. That sack was clearly on him 

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

This is retarded and not at all how it works. This isn't college, you can't wait for guys to break open in the NFL. That sack was clearly on him 

no shit. but like i said, the rookies fail you enough times and you clutch.

it wouldnt have been a TD. a reception likely but the Safety was closing fast. 

and i'm pretty sure davis isnt the first read here. yeah yeah.. QBs are usually taught to read high-low. but not mularkey's offense. it has a ton of clear out routes that arent even supposed to be receiving options or are secondary/tertiary options. he was looking for the crossing route. it got jammed and he navigated the pocket to try and get davis but there was no time for 2nd reads. 

32 minutes ago, japan said:

Did he say anything about Sharpe?

Ive heard Taylor has looked good but Sharpe has looked better, very smooth in and out of his cuts and catches everything.

On 6/19/2018 at 11:09 AM, Soxcat said:

Actually having both our wide outs as good as Matthews would be pretty good.  Matthews is better than you make him out to be.

If Davis is significantly better we are in great shape.  Sharpe and Taylor can also be pretty good quality guys as well. 

Does anyone know where Sharpe has been lining up?  I figured Taylor was playing more on the outside so Sharpe might be out version of Kupp.

Sharpe has been in slot with Taylor. They want Taylor to have the job but he is making rookie mistakes again and Sharpes been consistent

Taylor should be the guy who gets 25-30% of the snaps and stretches the field. If he can dust Bouye then he can get past most corners. Send him on 9 routes and deep posts all game and take one or two shots to him. It will force the defense to respect the deep ball, which opens up everything else underneath.

Simply put, he doesn’t need to be a full time player to have a big impact on the offense. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2018 at 7:20 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Remember how all the homers had Tajae Sharpe as a Pro Bowler after TC? How quickly have they jumped off him being a solid #2.

Matthews is also a #2....

And Davis is a game changer. Why is everyone worried about our WRs?

We have a top 15 WR with two #2s. Plus, we have the greatest non running QB who can run in the game. I don't get the paranoia.

We think the same on this(I need an IQ Test).  When the draft was over, I saw the Titans as stacked.  We have had a great offseason.  Now Davis get dinged during OTAs and the sky is falling.  I won't say we are the deepest in the league at WR, but no way we are hurting.  The secondary is badass and was blanketing the WRs, but those are just practices with the receivers at a disadvantage learning a completely new offense.  Additionally Matthews and Davis were missing.  There was a lot of film showing Davis making some nice catches.  I would be more concerned if they were beating our secondary at this point.

I'm very interested to see if one of the  UDFA's can make the team.. Burnett is basically this year's Tajae Sharp..Veasy is big, 6'3" receiver, and then there is Shippen, Jennings, etc.. perhaps one of them is worthy of the 6th spot at WR..