the WR group feels like a disaster waiting to happen

One of the purposes of OTAs is to find out where you are with the players.  Yes, there appears to be an issue.  But it's two fold.  Minor injuries and learning a new system.  Both situations are likely to get better.  Management has 6 weeks or so before training camp to add another WR.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are betting the house on Davis.  I'd never take the bet.  

the overriding commentary coming out of the entire offseason program has been how the WR group have been struggling to adapt to the new offense, over recent practices many of the media group viewing h

Trying and failing on a message board at its finest 

I trust in the WRs development and addaptation to the new system.  There's still a huge amount of time for them to learn it.

Who I don't have a lot of trust is in Davis. That dude has trully been injured way too much. The guy is talented, but dealing with so many injuries is hard to help his case.

It's like only having  a Mercedez Benz, with a broken block in it. 

Edited by TitanicoNFLfan

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

at this time of year the team isn't required to give any injury updates, no official word what is keeping Davis/Matthews out, some have mentioned its an ankle injury for Campanaro.

The interesting thing is he looked fine in that tweet from the other day when he was limited. Makes me think they are just limiting his workload as a pre caution. 

1 minute ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

The interesting thing is he looked fine in that tweet from the other day when he was limited. Makes me think they are just limiting his workload as a pre caution. 

its a possibility, but if he isn't carrying an injury why rest him for 4-5 practices right before having 7 weeks off, especially when getting the chemistry built with Mariota is so important.

the more likely scenario is he is carrying some kind of soreness/soft tissue injury that they don't want him making a more serious issue.

They have to plan on playing a lot of two TE sets. Even if everyone is healthy the #3 guy is going to be Sharpe or Taylor and neither are ideal, unless Taylor really breaks out from year 1 to 2. He's still unproven. This assumes everyone stays healthy. 

1 hour ago, Huston said:

Because 3 guys are hurt right now and anyone you do get isn't going to play much if at all when everyone is healthy. Im not againt it at all just dont think the sky is falling after the first 2 real days of mini camp. Wyatt was falling all over himself last week about the young wr play.

This is what happens when you obsess over every little nugget of info that comes out during the offseason.