Cohen Flips on Trump

Mythos27

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone find it the least bit ironic that the folks screaming "WITCH HUNT" are the same people who believe in literal witches? Anybody?

@MadMax, I think your personal touch is needed.

Get ready for an influx of obnoxious topics from the resident dummies, trying to hide this one in a sea of fake news.

Posted Images

On 6/13/2018 at 9:25 PM, Mythos27 said:

Yeah. Topic title was a little presumptive. My bad guys. 

President Donald Trump's personal attorney Michael Cohen has indicated to family and friends he is willing to cooperate with federal investigators to alleviate the pressure on himself and his family, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Cohen has expressed anger with the treatment he has gotten from the President, who has minimized his relationship with Cohen, and comments from the President's lawyer Rudy Giuliani, the source said. The treatment has left him feeling isolated and more open to cooperating, the source said.

Asked by reporters Friday if he was worried about Cohen cooperating, Trump said, "I did nothing wrong, nothing wrong." He also said he hasn't spoken with Cohen "in a long time," adding, "I always liked Michael and he's a good person."

CBS News reported Thursday that Cohen believes Trump and his allies are turning against him.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/politics/michael-cohen-cooperation-federal-investigators/index.html

1 hour ago, begooode said:

President Donald Trump's personal attorney Michael Cohen has indicated to family and friends he is willing to cooperate with federal investigators to alleviate the pressure on himself and his family, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Cohen has expressed anger with the treatment he has gotten from the President, who has minimized his relationship with Cohen, and comments from the President's lawyer Rudy Giuliani, the source said. The treatment has left him feeling isolated and more open to cooperating, the source said.

Asked by reporters Friday if he was worried about Cohen cooperating, Trump said, "I did nothing wrong, nothing wrong." He also said he hasn't spoken with Cohen "in a long time," adding, "I always liked Michael and he's a good person."

CBS News reported Thursday that Cohen believes Trump and his allies are turning against him.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/politics/michael-cohen-cooperation-federal-investigators/index.html

LOL! Welp, good thing I said presumptive not wrong.

Edited by Mythos27

1 hour ago, begooode said:

It was quite telling when the president doscussed how unfair it was that Manafort was being prosecuted for crimes he committed 12 years ago. He wasn’t even feigning innocence for Manafort. I don’t even have to wonder why this is his stance. 

• 3 weeks later...

"My wife, my daughter and my son have my first loyalty and always will," Cohen told ABC News' George Stephanopoulos in an interview published Monday morning. "I put family and country first."

Cohen has famously said he would take a bullet for Trump and he has fashioned himself as Trump's "fixer," willing to help handle situations quietly. But the interview raises new questions about Cohen's allegiance to Trump amid his legal troubles and subsequent isolation from the President's inner circle.

In his new interview, Cohen refused to follow Trump's lead to cast the FBI in a negative light over April's raids on his home, hotel room and office.

"I don't agree with those who demonize or vilify the FBI. I respect the FBI as an institution, as well as their agents," Cohen said. "When they searched my hotel room and my home, it was obviously upsetting to me and my family. Nonetheless, the agents were respectful, courteous and professional. I thanked them for their service and as they left, we shook hands."

Cohen also pushed back at the President's recent tweet repeating Russian President Vladimir Putin's claim that Russia did not interfere in the 2016 election, as well.  "Simply accepting the denial of Mr. Putin is unsustainable," he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/02/politics/michael-cohen-loyalty-donald-trump/index.html

10 minutes ago, reo said:

He's been giving signs that he'll flip for a while now. 

I said this a while back, maybe in this thread: they literally have all of his documents and recordings. They don’t need him to flip. Mueller will have access to all of those documents. They would maybe throw him a bone if he was to testify. 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I said this a while back, maybe in this thread: they literally have all of his documents and recordings. They don’t need him to flip. Mueller will have access to all of those documents. They would maybe throw him a bone if he was to testify. 

That's probably part if the reason Trump hasn't done much to help him out. They figure the gov pretty much has everything from him. They could easily give him a small deal to testify though. 

But I don't think there's any way he walks away free and clear.

And there's an outside chance that the gov just wants him to go down for what he's done too.

49 minutes ago, reo said:

That's probably part if the reason Trump hasn't done much to help him out. They figure the gov pretty much has everything from him. They could easily give him a small deal to testify though. 

But I don't think there's any way he walks away free and clear.

And there's an outside chance that the gov just wants him to go down for what he's done too.

While Cohen might not offer much more on Trump other than the facts already obtained, I would not underestimate the optics of having damaging testimony from Trump's inner circle.  Already Cohen's words over the weekend seem to have actively defused some of the gross mis-characterizations from Trumpers re: Loyalty and the FBI.  Yes, Dear Leader's hardcore base will pivot, denounce Cohen as a liar, etc,... but at least they have to do that to the face of a so-called OG Trump loyalist.  There's value in that in challenging their echo chamber versus anonymous filings quickly dismissed.

In short, facts don't matter to many these days, but story lines and the characters do.

10 minutes ago, begooode said:

While Cohen might not offer much more on Trump other than the facts already obtained, I would not underestimate the optics of having damaging testimony from Trump's inner circle.  Already Cohen's words over the weekend seem to have actively defused some of the gross mis-characterizations from Trumpers re: Loyalty and the FBI.  Yes, Dear Leader's hardcore base will pivot, denounce Cohen as a liar, etc,... but at least they have to do that to the face of a so-called OG Trump loyalist.  There's value in that in challenging their echo chamber versus anonymous filings quickly dismissed.

In short, facts don't matter to many these days, but story lines and the characters do.

All good points. They don’t need him to flip,but it would be helpful testimony, especially seeing as it likely comes down to impeachment and not a grand jury. 

The fact that Trump can’t pardon Cohen for any charges that are made against him by the state of NY is a pretty significant factor. Also the fact that the government has his documents regardless of pardons or Cohen flipping.

Same is true for Manafort when documents come into play. Not sure about any state level charges for him.

Despite the strong indications that Cohen will flip I'm taking these comments to the media essentially as cries for help from Trump rather than him just being open and honest. We'll see how this one plays out but I see Cohen doing some real time absent a deal.

2 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

Legitimate political prosecution. If it doesn't have to do with Russian collusion, you wouldn't support it?

Crimes are crimes and Flynn is so dead to rights he had to plead guilty. The political motivations seem to come from the people who want him to get off scott-free because he's on their side of the aisle and supports Trump. That's why I laugh when y'all cry political bias; it's so obvious all you want is for team Trump to go free whether they're guilty or not.