TitansGuru

Titans Mini-Camp Press Conference 6/12: (Vrabel/Byard)

AvgJoe   

Kuharsky has never dealt with someone quite like Vrabel. I think it is nuts the players are required to talk to the media, just let them play and talk if they choose. PK better tread lightly.

Vrabel set the tone early with the media. PK tried and Vrabel put him in his place. You aren’t going to get a story from Vrabel if you try to be a dick. The approach can go either for a new coach but based on the questions and the tone I’d say it’s working out for Vrabel.

Vrabel seems a little more chilled as he has settled in to the HC gig, more willing to personally address and joke with reporters, feels like he was just setting some boundaries early on.

of course things could change rapidly if the team isn't performing well on the field, would imagine he would be fairly abrasive/grisly should the losses start to mount.

PK is doing some of this deliberately; part of his marketing his site is that he's not beholden to any media outlet so he can ask tough questions that the Wyatts of the world won't. He's playing some of this up, he doesn't care if he gets knocked down by the HC, it proves that he's the maverick willing to go places others won't to get info they can't or won't. I'm not buying into it, just saying it's not surprising that he's the one asking deliberately provocative questions that Vrabel or any other coach isn't going to answer.