Who do you think could be a surprise team this year?

socaltitan

In 2016, the Rams,Vikings, Jags, and SB winning Eagles all finished .500 or below. All four teams made significant improvements the following season. What's a team that could make a big jump in 2018?

I'm going to go with a less obvious pick than teams like Giants or Broncos. I'm going to go with the Bears. I didn't watch Trubisky at all last year, but if he can come anywhere close to making a big 2nd year jump like Goff did and Nagy is a good HC, I can see them making a big improvement. I like the moves they made in FA and the draft. I won't go as far to say they can win the division like the Rams. That's a brutal NFC North, but I can see them being a much improved team.

Edited by socaltitan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bottom line is the Pats should have traded Brady and kept Jimmy G 

Brady is going to fall off a cliff, it's only a matter of time. The Pats are going to crash and crash hard when it happens. Allowing him to hold the franchise hostage will set them back years.

No doubt. Kraft is a fool. He had the chance to continue a dynasty while changing QBs in the age of free agency. 

I'm gonna say the Browns. They have a lot of talent and might finally get some decent QB play.

Stacked at WR. Good RB. A defense that's improving and has some talent.

I think they finally get some wins over the Ravens and Bengals but don't make playoffs. Maybe close to an even record. To me, that's a surprise team.

Tampa in the sense that I think their record will be better than expectations.  It's probably the best division in football so I could see them finishing 8-8 and in last place (teams have finished 8-8 in last before).  But I expect the Bucs to be very competitive this year.  Expectations were probably too high last year but they closed the season playing very well.

I don't see many teams if any who are expected to be bad that will be better.  I think Chicago is another good guess.

I see more teams with high expectations that will flop (LA Rams) than bad teams who will end up good.

@scine09 called the Bucs before me.  They have been adding talent, but so far it hasn't clicked.  The rest of the division is so tough, but I think they will start splitting with them.  They get the AFC East, with the Steelers at home.  I could see them go 3-1 against them.  The G-Men and the Skins.  They could win nine games.  Or not.  Like us, when does JW rise into the new top level QBs.  They ask him to do a lot with the ball, if it starts clicking for him they will be a hard out.

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

@scine09 called the Bucs before me.  They have been adding talent, but so far it hasn't clicked.  The rest of the division is so tough, but I think they will start splitting with them.  They get the AFC East, with the Steelers at home.  I could see them go 3-1 against them.  The G-Men and the Skins.  They could win nine games.  Or not.  Like us, when does JW rise into the new top level QBs.  They ask him to do a lot with the ball, if it starts clicking for him they will be a hard out.

The thing about the Bucs is they have loads of talent and absolutely zero expectations.  I bet if you look at preseason publications and online predictions it'll be almost unanimous for them to finish last.  And they might.  But you would think that one of the other 3 teams could disappoint.  Carolina to me seems like a team who could implode.

6 hours ago, socaltitan said:

In 2016, the Rams,Vikings, Jags, and SB winning Eagles all finished .500 or below. All four teams made significant improvements the following season. What's a team that could make a big jump in 2018?

I'm going to go with a less obvious pick than teams like Giants or Broncos. I'm going to go with the Bears. I didn't watch Trubisky at all last year, but if he can come anywhere close to making a big 2nd year jump like Goff did and Nagy is a good HC, I can see them making a big improvement. I like the moves they made in FA and the draft. I won't go as far to say they can win the division like the Rams. That's a brutal NFC North, but I can see them being a much improved team.

Kevin White could be a real dark horse and post-hype candidate to break out if he's put in work and can finally stay healthy. He and Allen Robinson could be a big time duo.