Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

Gil Brandt rates the Titans the 5th best roster in the NFL

23 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I think Robinson has done a very solid job. He's made his fair share of mistakes and he did start off with Lewan, Mariota and the #1 pick. Most importantly he understands how to build a roster, Webster had no clue. 

The Dodd pick obviously looks to be a mistake... but i'm not sure what else he couldve done better. 

lattimore instead of davis i assume... but give both their second/third years before judging. lattimore missed games and already has a concussion. he got beat a whole lot but caught a lot of ints too because he was tested more and the saints were putting teams in position to pass. davis was injured all year and the offensive scheme was preschool dumb.  

15 minutes ago, titanruss said:

The Dodd pick obviously looks to be a mistake... but i'm not sure what else he couldve done better. 

lattimore instead of davis i assume... but give both their second/third years before judging. lattimore missed games and already has a concussion. he got beat a whole lot but caught a lot of ints too because he was tested more and the saints were putting teams in position to pass. davis was injured all year and the offensive scheme was preschool dumb.  

Give that a few years 

Soxcat   

Micro analyzing JRob's moves might indicate a few blips but the facts remain he took a team that needed major upgrades at virtually all the position groups and has done that.  At S he drafted an all-pro.  We were crap at CB and now that is a strength.  ILB now has a significant boost.  OLB was good but now has youth and depth and a potential star in Landry.  OL, one of the best from one of the worst.  Picking up Murray, drafting Henry and now the addition of Lewis at RB.  A great value in Matthews at WR and then added Davis.  Even Smith looks like a keeper as Delaney's backup and eventual starter.  Jrob has done about all a GM can do to build a roster.  Now it is up to the coaches and Mariota.

big2033   
3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I think Robinson has done a very solid job. He's made his fair share of mistakes and he did start off with Lewan, Mariota and the #1 pick. Most importantly he understands how to build a roster, Webster had no clue. 

You could argue that when you have a QB and an LT you don't have to take chances on your roster. You draft polished players and don't draft for the future.

Brandt at least looked into things a little more closely and didn't just do the same ole "national Titans narrative" reporting here.  I should probably pay a little closer attention to some of his stuff.

Jrob has his crew in there now.  His moves before this year can be debated, but his tenure doesn't even actually start for me until game 1 this year.  He dam sure looks and feels the part though-exciting time to be a true Titans fan.

Kyle021   

He said this on air two weeks ago when they were doing a Hidden Gem special on XM 

i called and said Cruikshank and he went on about him then proceeded to spend about 7-8 minutes raving about our roster top to bottom and is a big Vrabel believer

abc2330   
9 hours ago, nine said:

5 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

He said this on air two weeks ago when they were doing a Hidden Gem special on XM 

i called and said Cruikshank and he went on about him then proceeded to spend about 7-8 minutes raving about our roster top to bottom and is a big Vrabel believer

He ranked Cruikshank higher than the ILB that Indy drafted early in the 2nd round.

If JRob picked Henry Hunter or Michael Thomas in place of Dodd, then he would be walking on water right now...Instead he has only been really freaking good.

Dodd is his only significant draft blemish. Williams is his only moderate FA miss and his ass was sent packing PDQ...

The future is bright.

Dinx81   
15 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Minus a good QB the Browns have those most of the time and they cant seem to figure out WTF to do. 

scine09   
14 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Our roster is very solid. We lack elite talent but have quality players at every position. 

There's potential though for this team to have several elite players at this time next year.  There's lots of very good players, probably 1 already elite player (Lewan) but those good players, particularly the young ones definitely have elite level talent.

Edited by scine09