Streaming on Twitch

Jonboy

Hello all. Haven't visited the board much as of late because of 1) a new baby in the house (!) and 2) I've been putting a lot of work into getting a Twitch channel up and running. It's also at the low point of the offseason so...not much going on in Titans land. As for Twitch, I've been streaming for the past couple of months, mainly Fortnite and occasionally some Super Mario Odyssey. Really I've been trying to get all of the technical stuff straight, but also wanted to see how I would enjoy it.

I've been having a great time and have decided it's something I'd like to continue doing. The first step to making it a regular thing is to become a Twitch Affiliate (not too hard) and eventually a Twitch Partner (quite a bit more difficult to reach). Once you hit Affiliate though, you can have people subscribe, donate bits, etc. 

The only milestone I have left to becoming an affiliate is I need to reach 50 followers (still a ways to go as I'm only at 22 right now). So if you are on Twitch, consider helping me out with a follow! And if you aren't on Twitch (and you like watching people play video games), then you can sign-up and follow for free. To follow, you need to find the little heart icon once you are at my channel. On desktop, the heart is located in the top right above the video section. During the Titans season, I'm thinking about doing some Titans-centric streams where we can talk about the latest game and news around the team.

Here's the link to the channel: https://www.twitch.tv/retroraconteur

So aside from the shameless plug, do any of you enjoy watching Twitch? Who are your favorite streamers? Any of you actually stream as well? How insane has Ninja's rise been? Love watching that guy play Fortnite.

Edit: Also, hopefully rule #1 won't keep you from following @NashvilleNinja ?

Quit watching Twitch because everyone plays the same damn games in a racing car chair like an asshole. It never deviates from the same 5 fucking games. One time it was exciting because some chick thought she turned her camera off as she gave a BJ. Chatrooms are pointless because it's just emojis useless comments and it often moves so fast you can hardly read anything. It's not engaging but a waste of time.

In Short. No.

23 minutes ago, Somedude said:

Quit watching Twitch because everyone plays the same damn games in a racing car chair like an asshole. It never deviates from the same 5 fucking games. One time it was exciting because some chick thought she turned her camera off as she gave a BJ. Chatrooms are pointless because it's just emojis useless comments and it often moves so fast you can hardly read anything. It's not engaging but a waste of time.

In Short. No.

If the chat moves too fast, then you're only watching the big streamers. Trust me...my chat moves VERY SLOW right now ?

7 minutes ago, Stranger said:

I downloaded the twitch app and I think I followed but I haven't the slightest clue on how it works.  The app isn't very user friendly. 

You showed up as a follow. Thanks, Stranger!

I've been watching twitch streamers for a couple years now, I haven't really watched much fortnite though. Mainly been watching IRL streamers travelling around and visiting big cities. I hit you up with a follow, I'll come check out the stream later

4 minutes ago, TeamRobinson said:

I've been watching twitch streamers for a couple years now, I haven't really watched much fortnite though. Mainly been watching IRL streamers travelling around and visiting big cities. I hit you up with a follow, I'll come check out the stream later

I'm fascinated by IRL. Only heard about a few weeks ago.

2 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Anyone who follows Jon on Twitch supports him leaving the Two Tone Crew. Just a fair notice, as this replaces that and more.

The Two Tone Crew was just a distraction from Jonboy's Take. 

Now he can get back to that while playing Fortnite. 

12 hours ago, Stranger said:

The Two Tone Crew was just a distraction from Jonboy's Take. 

Now he can get back to that while playing Fortnite. 

Follow up note:

I follow Jon on Twitch.

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Followed, I'm SmurfLAX28 (PS - if anyone has XBox and plays Rocket League, I am on that a bit under that gamertag)

I play quite a bit on Switch. That's where the cool kids play.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:18 PM, Bink said:

We should arrange a titansreport play along with followers. 

That would be cool. Believe I have several TR folks on my PSN list. 

Archived