Sign in to follow this  
reo

Time to buy low on titans offense

reo   

Lots of rambling but they're not titan fans and they've bought in. Good to hear good stuff on the titans from the outside.

Number9   

The Titans look even better this season than they did last season.  Still, the Jags are going to be that team we have to beat to make our dreams come true and damn if they didn't improve too.

1 hour ago, MariGOATa said:

The weird thing is that we made the playoffs last year while even winning a game there and according to most reports had one of the better off seasons of anyone, yet most of the media act like we are a sure 3rd or 4th place in our division. It’s like we were a top 12 team last year and after numerous improvements and no downgrades we are firmly in the 16-26 area. 

There were 17 teams that were 9-7 or better last year

scine09   
25 minutes ago, Number9 said:

The Titans look even better this season than they did last season.  Still, the Jags are going to be that team we have to beat to make our dreams come true and damn if they didn't improve too.

The Jaguars won 1 more game than the Titans and the Titans beat them twice.  We aren't talking about the 1994 49ers here.

Mythos27   
16 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The Jaguars won 1 more game than the Titans and the Titans beat them twice.  We aren't talking about the 1994 49ers here.

It infuriates me beyond reason when I hear people talk shit about us and blow the Jags. We beat the fuck out of those guys.

8 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

It infuriates me beyond reason when I hear people talk shit about us and blow the Jags. We beat the fuck out of those guys.

Well outside of the Jags games and the Seahawks game, the Titans were thoroughly unimpressive last year. They beat up on a bunch of bad teams. And they nearly blew a gimme playoff slot at the end of the season.

The Jags weren’t that great either, but their D was dominant.

scine09   
11 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Whatever.  All it is is talk.  Last year at this time the Titans were the darlings of the division.  It's just chatter to get people through the offseason.

Mythos27   
Just now, Starkiller said:

Well outside of the Jags games and the Seahawks game, the Titans were thoroughly unimpressive last year. They beat up on a bunch of bad teams. And they nearly blew a gimme playoff slot at the end of the season.

I get that but barring a repeat of last season, the Jags are gonna have to go through us to win the division and they haven't shown they can do that. It's also not like the Jags ran roughshod over a strong schedule either. Their only really impressive win was over the Steelers. 

scine09   
2 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I get that but barring a repeat of last season, the Jags are gonna have to go through us to win the division and they haven't shown they can do that. It's also not like the Jags ran roughshod over a strong schedule either. Their only really impressive win was over the Steelers. 

I felt like last season everything that could have gone right did.  Until the championship game, of course. 

I just don't see it happening again.  

Number9   
1 hour ago, scine09 said:

54 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I don't have to pass a litmus test everyday to state my stand on the Titans.  I was high on the Jaguars last year and rightly so.  We had their number last year due to Mularkey/Roboskie doing what Titans coaches find is the key to the division.  Beat the damn Jags.

BUT, the Jaguars had a great team last year.  We went to Pittsburgh and got the shit stomped out of us.  The Jaguars went there in the playoffs and beat the Steelers.  The same week, we were embarrassed by NE.  The next week, the Jags went into Foxboro and gave the Pats a hell of a game.

They brought in Coughlin and he taught them how to win with Bortles.  Bortles can't carry a team.  If you ask him to he will throw it away.  But ask him to make a few decent throws and let the defense be the strength they have a shot.  The Jax D is on the way to being one of those great defenses, Ravens, Tampa, Chicago type D's.  Last year, they started scoring points.  That is so huge for a football team it's hard to even evaluate.  

We had a good team last year that underachieved.  Yes, we beat the Jags twice, but don't be delusional and think we are going to do it in back to back years.  We are in a tough division.  Houston is capable of coming back into the mix as well.  It will be good if we come out 4-2 in the South and a huge success if we hit 5-1.  

Soxcat   

Houston could be very good if Watson comes back in form and their defense is improved with Watt and Mercilus back.  Then you have the possibility of Luck at Indy although I'm not sure he is even breaking his own eggs yet.  The bottom line is we have to improve in all phases of the game and be competitive every time we hit the field.  Still, it all falls on the shoulders of Mariota but we got the perfect OC for our QB so cross your fingers.