President Trump told Lesley Stahl he bashes press 'to demean you and discredit you so ... no one will believe' negative stories about him

reo

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cognitive dissonance    Knowing why Trump does things is one thing. Understanding how that effects them is another.  This is regarding people who watch news like it’s entertainment and then

Lol@ at least he’s honest!!!!   You retards are hilarious, y’all got suckered

Their problem is that they fall into a place of false equivalency as an accidental replacement for balanced coverage. 

1 minute ago, Rolltide said:

He probably has pets that are smarter than you. 

We should have a short bus thread for stupid people but it would be an all democrat thread. 

Funny a little bitch like you calling anyone stupid.

21 hours ago, Soxcat said:

......It comes down to a large portion of the population not being listened to or having their issues addressed....

First of all there is no racism or any of that shit.  None....  

I actually agree Democrats have no message for the middle class, but the irony in these two statements is immeasurable.  

On 5/24/2018 at 7:27 AM, LongTimeFan said:

So, she sat down with him 2 yrs ago and now feels this is important to get out? Must have a book coming out.

So what if she does. The MF is a lying sob.

18 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

So what if she does. The MF is a lying sob.

Trump supporters totally miss the implications of the statement.  It's a total con. By constantly beating up on the media, any negative story, regardless if they are true, is minimize. He can always pull the Fake News card.

Initially, I thought this Chicken LittIe strategy would eventually fall on deaf ears. Especially when so many of his tweets are outright lies, but two years in, it still works on the base.

14 minutes ago, Btowner said:

Trump supporters totally miss the implications of the statement.  It's a total con. By constantly beating up on the media, any negative story, regardless if they are true, is minimize. He can always pull the Fake News card.

Initially, I thought this Chicken LittIe strategy would eventually fall on deaf ears. Especially when so many of his tweets are outright lies, but two years in, it still works on the base.

It’s actually gaining steam. 

On 5/25/2018 at 6:14 AM, Rolltide said:

I always looked at trump handling of the media as being like Bobby Knight yelling at the refs. Yell loud enough you will likely get the call next time. 

The problem is that CNN and other networks have done their hardest to prove him right. They have gone 100% anti Trump and have the fucking gall to call that journalism. Is this journalism?

He owns them. 

I don't watch CNN so I have no idea how prevalent that is, but it sounds like CNN is picking a side.

However the video itself reeks of rehearsed outage, and I have a hard time believing his claim that FOX has "never done this".

If CNN are going down this path, it's FOX's trail they're following, and they *are* still following. FOX wrote this whole playbook.

6 hours ago, Pragidealist said:

Their problem is that they fall into a place of false equivalency as an accidental replacement for balanced coverage. 

I also feel the cnn attempt to be fair and balanced with their Trump talking heads becomes contrived and shitty games of gotcha — focused on winning the moment rather than enlightening their audience. It’s just painful to watch especially when they have a crowded panel as they dutifully play their roles.

8 hours ago, Starkiller said:

CNN has pro-Trump commentators

on all the time (along with anti-Trump people). 

Early on during the Trump reign I saw where he attacked CNN so much because Fox and MSNBC were considered left and right leaning and had talk show hosts who were openly left/Right. 

CNN was more of straight news and didn't lean either way. That's why he had to discredit them so harshly