Owners meetings on national anthem policy ongoing

Starkiller

49 minutes ago, twitch28 said:

How's it feel to have me living in your head rent free? I never thought I was a second home type but it's not bad. #triggered

I actually had forgotten about you and was in convo with an ex teammate. I'm actually about to go get my long weekend started.

You'd actually have to beat me in debate for me to remember you. So don't hold your breath and keep holding up that losing side.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get rid of it at sporting events. Absolutely no reason to play it to begin with.

I am sure the NFL will not be hypocritical about this and make the concession stands shut down during the anthem. Makes sense right? The anthem is very important to show respect to our flag and c

What would that matter if both teams got offsetting penalties? Would they replay the national anthem?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Titansgoodluckcharm said:

I actually had forgotten about you and was in convo with an ex teammate. I'm actually about to go get my long weekend started.

You'd actually have to beat me in debate for me to remember you. So don't hold your breath and keep holding up that losing side.

Looks like my side is winning since the NFL finally addressed it and told their EMPLOYEES to change their behavior. Have fun with your butt buddy. 

3 hours ago, twitch28 said:

Looks like my side is winning since the NFL finally addressed it and told their EMPLOYEES to change their behavior. Have fun with your butt buddy. 

Did they? Or did you sign a death contract? Cuz that's what it sounds like to me. Enjoy your slow loss on this issue.

On 5/25/2018 at 6:36 AM, ctm said:

Kap's protest had almost died out until Trump went to a rally and called the players SOBs.

Yep........that dude rarely makes anything better while communicating. But, he played to his "base" on that one.......and that's where the scism between the sweat equity and fans is a real problem.

16 hours ago, Titansgoodluckcharm said:

Did they? Or did you sign a death contract? Cuz that's what it sounds like to me. Enjoy your slow loss on this issue.

Literally none of that made sense. Look at NFL ratings trends and tell me who's losing. These dumbasses are killing their revenue stream and once the TV contacts run out they'll feel it. The only color that really matters in this country is green. 

49 minutes ago, twitch28 said:

Literally none of that made sense. Look at NFL ratings trends and tell me who's losing. These dumbasses are killing their revenue stream and once the TV contacts run out they'll feel it. The only color that really matters in this country is green. 

I was going to stay out of it, but I literally saw this 30 seconds before reading your post.

Up 1 billion from last year is not killing your revenue stream. A lot of people stream TV now which does not count in the ratings. Anytime you have 18 of the top 25 shows watched, and 37 of the top 50, the networks are going to line up for your programming. Football is still king of television.  

Rights to broadcast NFL games are purchased in advance. The effects of this will not be fully understood until the next round of negotiations occur.  Could be a small blip and not impact the going rates or the networks may be willing to pay much less if they aren’t getting the same income from advertisers as they use to. 

TV viewership across the board is down.  Live sports and particularly the NFL are the only thing people watch.  NFL fees went up when networks included the promotional value of other shows.  Eventually this will collapse.

Saw this...

https://www.rocketlawyer.com/blog/nfl-non-profit-or-corporation-which-team-are-you-on-916494

But outside of the football arena, there’s a bigger controversy brewing that can change the status of the NFL forever.

Currently, the NFL is classified as a non-profit but a few U.S. Senators and almost half a million people have signed a petition to strip the league of its tax-exempt status. Though the NFL has benefited from its tax-exempt status since 1966 when it merged with the American Football League (AFL), there has been recent outrage over Roger Goodell’s disclosed compensation, along with other issues that have raised a few eyebrows. The Commissioner of the NFL is estimated to have raked in $44.2 million in 2012. That’s nearly 14 percent of the league office’s revenue! To put this figure into perspective, Lawrence J. Ellison, the chief executive of Oracle, received $96.2 million the same year, while Michael T. Duke, the chief executive of Wal-Mart, received $20 million. This puts Goodell in the top-earning ranks among other CEOs of for-profitcorporations. As we all know, the difference is Goodell works for a non-profit.

Can't really say that the NFL is a "traditional business." I've been hearing that argument a lot with the protests. It's a business. You have to do what your employer says.

Well, for a lot of different reasons, I don't think that argument fits here.

I'm not sure if the player's union will intervene but this is all an interesting case study. 

47 minutes ago, Titansgoodluckcharm said:

Can't really say that the NFL is a "traditional business." I've been hearing that argument a lot with the protests. It's a business. You have to do what your employer says.

Well, for a lot of different reasons, I don't think that argument fits here.

I'm not sure if the player's union will intervene but this is all an interesting case study. 

This is an interesting point, it's certainly not a traditional business.