OTA Updates

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah.   The scheme.

Scotty is that 80 year old guy on an island in the South Pacific, still defending the land because he doesn't realize Japan lost the war

One thing that I've liked about Vrabel is the emphasis on teaching players. I think we've lacked that with the previous coaching staffs.

Posted Images

Just now, scine09 said:

4 teams ran more than threw on 2nd down.

Well the stat I actually saw was teams ran the ball too much on 2nd and 10, almost all teams. Who were the other 3?

Just now, OILERMAN said:

Well the stat I actually saw was teams ran the ball too much on 2nd and 10, almost all teams. Who were the other 3?

Carolina, Buffalo and Jacksonville.  Two of which had a mediocre QB and a third who isn't a good passer to begin with and is more dangerous when he's running.

Mariota's a better thrower than those 3 QB's and shouldn't be on a run heavy team.  He's too good for that.

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Of course the defense is ahead. They’re running a similar scheme to last year and are healthy. The offense is missing its top two WRs, top two tackles, and is learning a new scheme.

no one is surprised that the offense is behind where the defense is, as you mentioned that is expected.

it is more the degree of issues the offense is having, the impression is that it looks far more clunky than it should at this stage of the offseason.

good thing there is plenty of time to rectify the issues.

12 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Marcus Mariota frequently pulling the ball down and needing to reset, look again or take off.

His biggest issue last season 

Well, when your two routes are covered what do you expect?