OTA Updates

13 minutes ago, big2033 said:

In my eyes the problem has been that people who were complaining about Murray getting the carries were overjoyed when he was released - we were right, Henry should've been the man.

Only for him to be placed back in another potential timeshare.

It validates some previous arguments, so instead of reading some of the obvious tea leaves from the situation, some have stuck to a narrative that Henry would be "the guy."

While it might happen, blatant evidence has suggested otherwise as soon as Lewis was signed.

We picked up the best RB in FA who also is a perfect fit for our offense. I’m not sure why that necessarily has anything to do with Henry. It’s like you guys didn’t watch NO last year. That’s obviously what we are trying to create. Ingram was a monster last year. Was he placed in anything other than an optimal position because they drafted Kamara? And that situation is the flip side of this. Lewis is 28 and injury prone. Henry is young and an athletic monster with upside. 

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah.   The scheme.

Scotty is that 80 year old guy on an island in the South Pacific, still defending the land because he doesn't realize Japan lost the war

One thing that I've liked about Vrabel is the emphasis on teaching players. I think we've lacked that with the previous coaching staffs.

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Huston said:

Then there is the team's receiving corps, one that appears to have plenty of untapped potential, though not necessarily a great deal of experience. LaFleur describes his route-running tree and scheme as “pretty different” from what the Titans ran in the past, so he's learning just how much he can throw at talented youngsters like Corey Davis, Taywan Taylor and Tajae Sharpe in the very early going.

There’s only a couple holdouts left. Everyone else knows why we made the change. 

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

One interesting thing I heard from LaFluer was they have rethought the idea of Taylor being a slot receiver and the 3 positions might be a lot different

That would be a pretty big change. Taylor fits the traditional slot mold of a guy who is more quick than fast.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2018/06/06/titans-need-harold-landry-lead-young-pass-rushers-after-missing-kevin-dodd/677472002/

Titans outside linebacker Kevin Dodd is healthy, training at home and plans to attend the team’s mandatory three-day minicamp next week, Dodd’s agent, Michael Perrett, told The Tennessean on Wednesday.

7 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2018/06/06/titans-need-harold-landry-lead-young-pass-rushers-after-missing-kevin-dodd/677472002/

Titans outside linebacker Kevin Dodd is healthy, training at home and plans to attend the team’s mandatory three-day minicamp next week, Dodd’s agent, Michael Perrett, told The Tennessean on Wednesday.

its still mind boggling how out of all players he is the only one not to attend any OTA's.

hopefully JRob learns from this mistake, he clearly misjudged Dodd's character/desire to make it in the NFL.

23 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

It's a pay site.  What was the gist?  That Mariota's not as good as Garoppolo or Carr?  I think Garoppolo is the best young QB in football but Mariota is better than Carr and I find Carr to be highly overrated.

Edited by scine09

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

It's a pay site.  What was the gist?  That Mariota's not as good as Garoppolo or Carr?  I think Garoppolo is the best young QB in football but Mariota is better than Carr and I find Carr to be highly overrated.

more of the Mariota is a game manager like Alex Smith type discussion.

what I found more interesting was the first bit of the article talking about the complexity of LaFleur's offense and how long the playcalls can be.

players seem to be struggling a little bit learning the new offense.

I expect them to draft a WR, DE, RB in the first three rounds next season. 

I can see us taking Rodney Harrison from Oklahoma or Bryce Love from Stanford. Damian Harris from Bama is another guy they may like but the kid from OU is for real. He doesn’t have 4.3 speed. More 4.5 but man he runs with power, good agility, vision, strength and is a good pass blocker and receiver. Just an all around good football player. Similar to Travis Henry 

I don’t think the offense in year one will be a huge learning task. It’s new words and formations sure, but we have three months to settle in it. 

Anyone expecting us to hit it full stride from the jump is crazy. 

Year one the offense will be much improved and I can see it being dumbed down just a bit with major take off in year 2. 

We have very smart players on offense. They will pick it up

I don’t think Oman meant that Lewis is the default starter. I think he was talking more along the lines of him getting starter reps, and playing time. 

I expect Henry in the 1st and 4th quarters with Lewis taking the 2nd and 3rd and situational plays in the 4th

33 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

I expect them to draft a WR, DE, RB in the first three rounds next season. 

I can see us taking Rodney Harrison from Oklahoma or Bryce Love from Stanford. Damian Harris from Bama is another guy they may like but the kid from OU is for real. He doesn’t have 4.3 speed. More 4.5 but man he runs with power, good agility, vision, strength and is a good pass blocker and receiver. Just an all around good football player. Similar to Travis Henry 

Kyle, I’m ready for next year’s mock.

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

That would be a pretty big change. Taylor fits the traditional slot mold of a guy who is more quick than fast.

Taylor only played in the slot like 17% of the time in college, Davis played in the slot a lot more