Tree berries falling in neighbor's yard.

Number9

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Be grateful they are offering to pay half to trim your own tree.    If I was your neighbor I’d poison your tree and then call the fire department to report the fire hazard. 

Speaking of stories like this, I actually have a great one from my neighborhood.   There's this older couple who live down the street.  They're probably in their 70's.  Their next door neigh

Obviously you poison the tree in secrecy...

This is easy....Since you basically have joint custody of a goddamn tree, just cut the tree down so that it falls onto their side (if this bothers you, cover the fucking thing in aluminum foil during the next storm and claim it as an act of god), find a patio chair, pour a glass of jack and coke, and laugh as they have to dispose of it. If they give you any shit, tell them to contact your landlord and act like you don't understand English.....then laugh some more.

5 hours ago, Number9 said:

Yep.  I still rearrange unimportant detail about personal issues.  Sometimes, I think guys go too far.  Didn't somebody have VD?  It's a very common disease, but I wouldn't tell everybody.  But we're all friends, that's why I don't like to get in the Politics section.  We all seem sensible, then over there some members look borderline not nice people.  I believe different.

Haha someone did mention having VD. I don’t remember who but I agree, You have to somewhat censor what you post. We might all be friends but this is still a public forum viewed by thousands of random people every month. 

3 hours ago, abenjami said:

Speaking of stories like this, I actually have a great one from my neighborhood.

There's this older couple who live down the street.  They're probably in their 70's.  Their next door neighbor was an old lady and she died last year.  Their god-son is the Husband's best friend's kid.  The kid is in his late 20's, married with 2 small children of his own.

So my neighbors go to the relatives of the lady who died and they convince them to sell the house off market to their god-son.  They tell them how their god-son is having a hard time affording a home here in San Diego, etc.  The home is a total fixer, the dead old lady hadn't kept it up at all.  So the relatives dump it for less than fair market value to the god-son to do a good deed.

The god-son and his family move in and start renovating the house.  They've been doing a ton of work over the past 9 months or so.  Anyway, one of the things they did was to demo all the concrete (driveway, patio, walkways, etc.) and then re-pour it.  They did it themselves with help from friends in the business.  It looks nice but no permits or anything.

When they re-poured the walkway between their side yard and the god-parents' side yard, they poured it wider than before.  In order to do that, they dug out part of the dirt burm between their yards.  And they didn't put in a retaining wall, so naturally now it looks like the fence and some trees near the fence line will eventually fall over when it starts to erode over time.  Not to mention, they poured it too close to the property line and some of the stuff they did near the property line is way out of code.

The god-parents are pissed off about this and they ask the god-son to put in a retaining wall so they don't lose their fence and mature trees.  I thought it was a pretty reasonable request considering if they wanted to report the code violations, the god-son would be fucked and have to basically tear it all out and start over.  But the god-son refuses to put in a retaining wall.  It has caused some funny stories.  The cops have been called by other neighbors 2 or 3 times because they are literally yelling at each other outside, threatening to sue each other for not getting permits, etc.  One time this was happening, the god-son's father was there and he was yelling at the god-mother, telling her he's going to stop giving her husband his nudie-magazines because of this.

It has been hilarious to watch unfold.

Sounds like a neighborhood full of assholes. Mind your own fucking business. If its not on your property,it doesn’t matter to you. If you don’t want to risk losing your trees, don’t plant them on the property line. 

A friend of mine is in a similar predicament with his neighbor's pine trees hanging over his property and dumping needles everywhere.    The neighbor has shown no inclination to keep the trees trimmed, so my friend did some digging to see what his options are.

Apparently he's not allowed to cut down the trees, but anything over the property line is fair game.   Since the trees are just a couple feet from the property line, he could basically cut off all the branches from one side of the tree, which would almost certainly end up killing the tree.   But if the tree dies, he end up with dead 80-foot tree about 50 feet from his house;  if and when it eventually falls, it could potentially take out his back porch, his pool, and his kitchen and/or master bedroom.   

Not wanting to risk it, he just grits his teeth and puts up with the pine needles.

8 hours ago, nine said:

A friend of mine is in a similar predicament with his neighbor's pine trees hanging over his property and dumping needles everywhere.    The neighbor has shown no inclination to keep the trees trimmed, so my friend did some digging to see what his options are.

Apparently he's not allowed to cut down the trees, but anything over the property line is fair game.   Since the trees are just a couple feet from the property line, he could basically cut off all the branches from one side of the tree, which would almost certainly end up killing the tree.   But if the tree dies, he end up with dead 80-foot tree about 50 feet from his house;  if and when it eventually falls, it could potentially take out his back porch, his pool, and his kitchen and/or master bedroom.   

Not wanting to risk it, he just grits his teeth and puts up with the pine needles.

Tell him to use a shop vac or a mulch vac to pick up the pine needles and then relocate them onto the neighbor’s front porch. 

Edited by abenjami

9 hours ago, abenjami said:

Tell him to use a shop vac or a mulch vac to pick up the pine needles and then relocate them onto the neighbor’s front porch. 

I know, I know, YOU haven't done these things, just suggesting.  There seems to be a pattern here.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

I know, I know, YOU haven't done these things, just suggesting.  There seems to be a pattern here.

Well of course the first thing his friend should do is talk to the neighbor and ask him to trim his tree to end the problem.

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

Well of course the first thing his friend should do is talk to the neighbor and ask him to trim his tree to end the problem.

J/K with you.

13 hours ago, abenjami said:

This reminds me of a story when I worked in a warehouse.  I was responsible for stocking the warehouse with pallets of goods that were shrink wrapped.  The order fillers who worked at night would cut the shrink wrap and just leave it there for others to dispose of.  I got so fed up that after complaining for months to their supervisor who didn't do squat, I ended up putting the shrink wrap on his desk.  That got him so pissed that he went on the intercom and told me not to do that.

On 5/18/2018 at 8:54 PM, Number9 said:

I have a tree that's on the property line.  The neighbors saw me having a lot of trees cut on the property, now they want me to pay to cut the tree limbs over their yard.  They could have got it done very reasonable when I had my tree man there cutting, but they wanted me to pay.  Now, they say they want to get some bids and want me to pay half.  It's my understanding the tree in their air space and it's their responsibility.  If apples grew on the tree, the ones over their yard would belong to them.

Was there a reason they wanted it trimmed? If they wanted it done just so it doesnt hang in their yard Id probably just ignore them. Really isnt your problem if they just want it out of their yard. Now if there was an actual issue with the tree branches then I could get on board paying for half. If its just a small bill its probably easiest to just split it. Its not like 50% of a bill for a tree trimming is going to break the bank.