Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Titans Claim OT John Theus; Waive Antwaun Woods w/ Injury Designation

Face   
1 minute ago, tgo said:

Waived/injured Antwaun Woods to make room. 

So that sucks. 

LOL. Poor 'Twaun, this kid cannot get a break. Outplayed guys who made the roster 2 straight camps, had Mularkey scream from the mountaintops about how good he looks....then cuts him. Now this. Jesus.

I hope he goes somewhere else & plays well, it just wasn't happening for him here. 

9 minutes ago, tgo said:

Waived/injured Antwaun Woods to make room. 

So that sucks. 

As if the DL depth wasn’t shitty enough...

That leaves a big opening for out UDFA DTs.

tgo   
2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

pretty thin numbers wise on the interior DL now, opens up an opportunity for UDFA Mike Ramsay to make the 53 man roster if he proves he is good enough in camp.

Is Ramsay a NT type or more of a 3 tech?

It seems like the only people who can really play nose are Bennie Logan, Austin Johnson, Da'Quan Jones. 

Just now, tgo said:

It seems like the only people who can really play nose are Bennie Logan, Austin Johnson, Da'Quan Jones. 

Both DTs they signed after the draft are 300 LBs or less. Neither are really traditional NT material. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

wouldn't consider him a traditional NT, think JRob is happy with Logan/Johnson/Jones filling the NT slot on early downs.

tgo   

I think Woods reverts to IR if no one claims him injured. But they may end up reaching a settlement with him if they don't want to keep him around to develop. 

tgo   
Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

wouldn't consider him a traditional NT, think JRob is happy with Logan/Johnson/Jones filling the NT slot on early downs.

I would think they'd want someone less critical to the team to be the NT at the end of preseason games and to take some snaps in TC, etc and to develop. I guess not. 

Could always add someone later on. 

tgo   

Personally, I have Warmsley penciled in as the 6th DL currently since Robinson valued him and Terrell Williams was his DL coach previously. 

I'm anxious to see what develops with that 6th and 7th DL spot though. No doubt Dodd should see some time in 4 and 5 man looks. 

Edited by tgo