Titans Claim OT John Theus; Waive Antwaun Woods w/ Injury Designation

Jonboy

It's obvious that we're gonna run more of a hybrid not a true 3-4 or 4-3. Vrabel has said as much. 

In Pees defenses, the safeties and linebackers run the show, NOT the DL. 

When I watch John Theus' combine video, all I can think of "YOU CLIMB LIKE OLD PEOPLE FUCK PRIVATE PYLE!!!"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, Supernaw was cut by 4 teams and so were guys like Warmsley, etc.    Your 90th man usually isn't a world beater. 

He's a concern all season, as far as I'm concerned. Even once he starts playing it can take awhile to be comfortable.

Disaster avoided.

4 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Antuan Woods is probably better off in a 1 gap, penetration type defense. He's not really a 2 gap nose.

I remember when they brought him up the last game of 2016 & he shot thru a gap & nailed the back for a loss. He could do well there.

I'm curious whose going to be the interior DL next to Casey on passing downs. I'd say DQ Jones based on the contract & his improvement last year, he looked quicker then he has & showed a good power rush. He can bull rush.  Austin Johnson is quicker then Jones & at least in college was a very good penetrator for a NT. They played Dodd inside some late last year &  he had a few pressures. But at this point we have no idea what kind of player we have in him.

I can also see Orakpo kicking inside. He's about 270 & very strong, he could play a Michael Bennett type role. But I have feeling it'll be Jones. He can occupy blocks & free up other guys  as well as push the pocket himself.

32 minutes ago, Face said:

I'm curious whose going to be the interior DL next to Casey on passing downs. I'd say DQ Jones based on the contract & his improvement last year, he looked quicker then he has & showed a good power rush. He can bull rush.  Austin Johnson is quicker then Jones & at least in college was a very good penetrator for a NT. They played Dodd inside some late last year &  he had a few pressures. But at this point we have no idea what kind of player we have in him.

I can also see Orakpo kicking inside. He's about 270 & very strong, he could play a Michael Bennett type role. But I have feeling it'll be Jones. He can occupy blocks & free up other guys  as well as push the pocket himself.

I thought it was interesting that when asked about the DL here being smaller than what he's used to, Pees basically agreed and said they'd adapt the scheme where necessary to account for lack of size on the DL. 

I'm personally not a fan at all of any defensive linemen we have outside of the top 4 (Casey, Logan, Jones, Johnson), and think they all need to be replaced in short order.