The Dalton Scale

Justafan

6 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Do you think Flacco is well beyond the Dalton scale since he has won a superbowl?

Realize this was sarcasm, but yes Flacco is better than Dalton.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wentz in his first 29 starts with the Eagles had a 61.5 percent completion percentage, 49 touchdowns, 21 interceptions, 6.8 yards per completion and an 88.8 passer rating.   Marcus in his fi

I think Mariota is going to the above the Dalton watermark.  Mariota has the ability to win games better than Dalton.  Dalton has had much better skill players than Mariota, but he has yet to win a pl

Mariota is a top ten QB in terms of talent. 3 OCs and 3 HCs in 4 years is tough for anyone. I think if anyone has the internal drive and ability to adjust it’s him. His stats are definitely going to b

2 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Realize this was sarcasm, but yes Flacco is better than Dalton.

At this point I think Dalton is better.

Flacco is flat out bad.  He hasn't even had a good year since the super bowl season.  At least Dalton has been consistently decent.  Or above average.  You can't say the same for Flacco.

10 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Flacco is flat out bad.  He hasn't even had a good year since the super bowl season.  At least Dalton has been consistently decent.  Or above average.  You can't say the same for Flacco.

Haven't been following the Bengals or Ratbirds, so I must accept your correction.

However Flacco was lights out on that SB run.  He won those games, with like a 100+ playoff passer rating.  Dalton's never shown that.

8 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I kinda feel for Dalton.  He was injured, but the defense snatched a win away in that game against the Steelers.  I was watching a replay of another game and the official blew a bad whistle on Burfict, the he did something and got tossed from the game.  They are just too uncoachable to win consistently.  They snatched up Joe Mixon, bad boy.  It's okay to take one and let your team culture help him, they just take too many.  Dalton could maybe win on another team, with that much talent.

Dalton's stats are solid (and better than Flacco).  Perhaps Flacco and Dalton's career are cases of "every QB with a passer rating below 90 needs a defense"

25 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Haven't been following the Bengals or Ratbirds, so I must accept your correction.

However Flacco was lights out on that SB run.  He won those games, with like a 100+ playoff passer rating.  Dalton's never shown that.

That was in 2012-2013.  It is now 2018.

I'm not sure there are many starting qbs I'd take Flacco over, assuming that the 4 high picks will start soon.  Maybe Bortles? Tannehill?  Keenum?  There really aren't many.

The Ravens didn't take Jackson for no reason.

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

That was in 2012-2013.  It is now 2018.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Dalton is way better than Flacco, it's not even close

Yes after looking at recent stats I concede.

Dalton is OK, I don't think he's elite but he's not bad. I think he gets a bad rap. The Bengals were the best team in the league the year he broke his finger

11 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Do you think Flacco is well beyond the Dalton scale since he has won a superbowl?

You seriously have the worst ability to detect sarcasm in internet history. 

If things stay the same, Flacco will be viewed as a superior QB to Dalton. Dalton may be a better QB at this point but is still very mediocre and about as big a choker as you will see. 

18 minutes ago, japan said:

If things stay the same, Flacco will be viewed as a superior QB to Dalton. Dalton may be a better QB at this point but is still very mediocre and about as big a choker as you will see. 

I wouldn't call him a choker.  The first 2 playoff losses were the first 2 years of his career.  And in the other 2 they were blown out.  Sure he didn't play well but it's not like they'd have won either game if he played better.  And he was hurt for the 5th game.

I'd say it was more a combination of things why they lost so many playoff games and haven't won a playoff game with him under center than anything else.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:10 PM, OILERMAN said:

That was an exciting play in a post season game but not exactly the play you want to show when discussing Mariota's inconsistent play, it was a lucky play after a bad pass 

But do you remember the game? It was all Mariota in the clutch. That's what we need. Joe Montanyia. 

6 hours ago, japan said:

Look at the stats, Dalton is consistently better.  Flacco had a much better defense and thus won the SB.  The Bengals have a good but undisciplined defense.  They fell apart against us and others.