Libya is holding up North Korea.

IsntLifeFunny

I said this would be a repercussion of what happened in Libya. And then to top it off Bolton is such an idiot as to say he wants a disarmament in the “Libyan Model”. Great choice of words buddy. Between the last 3 administrations our word has been proven to be shit. Hopefully they pull this off, because either way our trust has been destroyed globally in the past 18 years. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-16/specter-of-qaddafi-haunts-north-korea-talks

29 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Well, you guys still defend Libya so I guess you’re in good company? 

Libya was already devolving into a civil war. America didn’t create a war, they just picked a side (for better or worse).

Just now, Starkiller said:

If you call understanding having to make a damned if you do, damned if you don’t decision “defending” then sure.

In that case we should invade Israel, right? They just killed more people in one session than Gaddafi ever did. There’s no need to look back at a pointless war that has destroyed a nation and justify it. 

Obama and the Democrats biggest mistake encapsulated by one person in a single sentence. It still pisses me off when I think about the fact they ran her again. 

ETA: I’ll take this guy, a tyrant, over outright anarchy in a now terrorist haven. By all reports this was directly instigated by Clinton in terms of us moving into the conflict. HC and her trigger finger felt like it was a chance to make a mark on the world and stop another Rwanda. It was entirely different there, and anyone who doesn’t understand that needs to read more. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

59 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

In that case we should invade Israel, right? They just killed more people in one session than Gaddafi ever did. There’s no need to look back at a pointless war that has destroyed a nation and justify it. 

I’m pretty sure the US picked a side in the Israel-Palestinian issue, too...

As for Libya, there was already a civil war. America could have let it go on unchecked (basically let Gadafdi slaughter the rebels) or side with the rebels who they thought might bring democracy during the Arab Spring period.

Would doing nothing have been better? Maybe. We will never know. But we have already had this debate a few times and I see no reason to repeat it yet again. 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

By all reports this was directly instigated by Clinton in terms of us moving into the conflict. 

No, not by all reports. Only by the reports of a conservative paper after the fact. The NYT, at the time of the NATO action, reported that she was only convinced of the action at the last minute. 

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

No, not by all reports. Only by the reports of a conservative paper after the fact. The NYT, at the time of the NATO action, reported that she was only convinced of the action at the last minute. 

President Obama was deeply wary of another military venture in a Muslim country. Most of his senior advisers were telling him to stay out. Still, he dispatched Mrs. Clinton to sound out Mr. Jibril, a leader of the Libyan opposition. Their late-night meeting on March 14, 2011...

Mrs. Clinton was won over. Opposition leaders “said all the right things about supporting democracy and inclusivity and building Libyan institutions, providing some hope that we might be able to pull this off,” said Philip H. Gordon, one of her assistant secretaries. “They gave us what we wanted to hear. And you do want to believe.”

I guess the NYT is a right wing source.