Titans signed Evans

Stranger

UN-BEE- LIEVABLE!!!

i don't think they've ever gotten a first round pick under contract in JUNE, let alone May.

This organization has dragged its feet on signing its first-round picks for as long as I can remember. This is a complete 180...a very unexpected but WELCOME departure from the organization's history of nickel-and-diming during rookie contract negotiations.

21 minutes ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

BUT, BUT.....SURELY WE DIDN'T CAVE ON THE OFFSET LANGUAGE!!!

In the previous FO's defense (that includes JRob too), usually the offset language is a barrier in top-10 picks. We haven't had to pick a 1st rounder so late in probably a decade.

The guys in the top-10's contracts are worth double and triple the amount that we just payed our man.

14 minutes ago, japan said:

Sounds to me like Evans wants to play and not fuck around with silly offset language.  Good for him.

I'd assume non-top 10 picks also don't mess around and hold-out for offset language in general because it's such a small difference in cash. It's basically up to the agent (always has and always will) when it comes to that much money.

Just like Mariota won't take a massive hometown discount because he's some swell dude.

Archived