Sign in to follow this  
Stranger

Titans signed Evans

nine   

UN-BEE- LIEVABLE!!!

i don't think they've ever gotten a first round pick under contract in JUNE, let alone May.

This organization has dragged its feet on signing its first-round picks for as long as I can remember. This is a complete 180...a very unexpected but WELCOME departure from the organization's history of nickel-and-diming during rookie contract negotiations.

21 minutes ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

BUT, BUT.....SURELY WE DIDN'T CAVE ON THE OFFSET LANGUAGE!!!

In the previous FO's defense (that includes JRob too), usually the offset language is a barrier in top-10 picks. We haven't had to pick a 1st rounder so late in probably a decade.

The guys in the top-10's contracts are worth double and triple the amount that we just payed our man.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

thor   

LOL!!! There were only like 4 players drafted weren't there??? Rocket science... 

japan   

Sounds to me like Evans wants to play and not fuck around with silly offset language.  Good for him.

14 minutes ago, japan said:

Sounds to me like Evans wants to play and not fuck around with silly offset language.  Good for him.

I'd assume non-top 10 picks also don't mess around and hold-out for offset language in general because it's such a small difference in cash. It's basically up to the agent (always has and always will) when it comes to that much money.

Just like Mariota won't take a massive hometown discount because he's some swell dude.

Stan   

Remember when there was no rookie salary cap lol Bradford robbed the Rams. He’s robbing the Cardinals now again. 

Soxcat   

The sad thing is that Bradford could be an elite QB if he could stay healthy.  Sure has been paid like he is one.

Soxcat   

Bradford is a heck of a QB but simply does not last a whole season.  I guess teams just hope the next season will be the one.