Sign in to follow this  
Starkiller

Carolina Panthers to be sold for $2.2B

Stan   

If I became wealthy and grew up a Titans fan there’s no way I’m buying any other franchise than this team. How many would agree?  Say you had this type of money could you buy the Panthers knowing you grew up a Oiler/Titans fan? It just seems like these guys buy teams just for the profits. I would want a dedicated owner from the start like Amy Adams or Jerry Jones type. Like pretty sure Hasslet didn’t grow up a Browns fan and could give a shit about their fan bases suffering. 

On 5/15/2018 at 4:15 PM, Stan said:

If I became wealthy and grew up a Titans fan there’s no way I’m buying any other franchise than this team. How many would agree?  Say you had this type of money could you buy the Panthers knowing you grew up a Oiler/Titans fan? It just seems like these guys buy teams just for the profits. I would want a dedicated owner from the start like Amy Adams or Jerry Jones type. Like pretty sure Hasslet didn’t grow up a Browns fan and could give a shit about their fan bases suffering. 

Judging popularity and growth, it's an extremely safe big ass fucking bluechip investment. But I think they buy it for other reasons. There's no better way to get ahead of the Jones' than buying one of thirty-two NFL franchises. Kind of exclusive club. Better than being a Augusta member or New York Yacht Club. 

Bought in cash.

If you counted one $100 bill every second, it would take you 255 days of consecutive counting around the clock to have enough money to buy the Panthers with cash.

If you made a stack of enough $100 bills to buy the Panthers, it would be almost 3x the height of the tallest building in the world. And that's if they were all laying perfectly flat, which they wouldn't be.

On 5/15/2018 at 2:15 PM, Stan said:

I would buy any NFL team regardless of who I was a fan of. 

7 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Bought in cash.

If you counted one $100 bill every second, it would take you 255 days of consecutive counting around the clock to have enough money to buy the Panthers with cash.

If you made a stack of enough $100 bills to buy the Panthers, it would be almost 3x the height of the tallest building in the world. And that's if they were all laying perfectly flat, which they wouldn't be.

Nerd

8MM   
On 5/15/2018 at 11:15 AM, Stan said:

I buy the Panthers then trade all the best players to Tennessee.  :cmj: