JakePA_Titan

The moment you realize you're not on GSW level lmao

9 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I don’t think anyone said Lebron would be a fool to leave Cleveland. Majority of the people said he should leave Cleveland and thought he would. 

Ill correct it. Not many thought he should leave the East.

And even more said he'd be a fool to go to LA becaise he couldn't/wouldnt win there....

Lakers home opener 10/20: the moment you realize you're not on the Houston Rockets level.

Christmas night, Lakers at Warriors: the moment you realize you're not on the Warriors level either.....:cool:

On 8/5/2018 at 7:30 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

And even more said he'd be a fool to go to LA because he couldn't/wouldnt win there....

History has shown that to be the case. Of course every time before this season he has only played the West in the Finals.

But in the playoffs LeBron is 20-31 against the western conference while he has had it easy against the east going 138-52.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:53 PM, CaliTitan3518 said:

Bummer. Shouldn't have signed an old injury prone PG.

Chris Paul has missed a total of 93 games in the past 8 seasons and is now 33 years old.

Steph Curry has missed 95 games during the past 8 seasons and he's three years younger.

In 2017-18 Paul missed 24 regular season games and two postseason games while Curry missed 31 regular season games and 6 in the postseason.

Looks like both the Rockets and Warriors have old injury prone PG's, so how injury-prone will Curry be three years from now when he's 33?

7 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

History has shown that to be the case. Of course every time before this season he has only played the West in the Finals.

But in the playoffs LeBron is 20-31 against the western conference while he has had it easy against the east going 138-52.

And LA was 19-33 vs the West with little to no chemistry and didn't even have a top 10 player in the league let alone the best...

But we sure seemed to give HOU and GS tough games....

5 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Chris Paul has missed a total of 93 games in the past 8 seasons and is now 33 years old.

Steph Curry has missed 95 games during the past 8 seasons and he's three years younger.

In 2017-18 Paul missed 24 regular season games and two postseason games while Curry missed 31 regular season games and 6 in the postseason.

Looks like both the Rockets and Warriors have old injury prone PG's, so how injury-prone will Curry be three years from now when he's 33?

But HOU also doesn't have a Klay, Draymond, or Durant to overcome CPs injury. Unfortunately Harden isn't enough. You saw that.

When Currys 33? Who cares about 5 years from now. Will CP even be in the league? Will you still have Harden whose contract is up in 5 years?

Btw, in the past 8 years, who has more rings and MVPs....oh yea, Curry, not CP...

Which brings me to...how can someone who has been called the Point God have so little individual and team success?

Maybe that's why it only stuck with the fan bases who he plays for....

Edited by JakePA_Titan

8 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Curry has missed significant time in two seasons which were spread out by what 7 years? That’s not being injury prone. Chris Paul has missed 20+ games in back to back seasons and is old. Good luck getting 80 games out of him for the year. 

On 8/10/2018 at 6:52 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Which brings me to...how can someone who has been called the Point God have so little individual and team success?

Maybe that's why it only stuck with the fan bases who he plays for....

I guarantee it hasn't even stuck in the local fanbases. It was one reporters headline and Oilerfanatic ran with it.

There's no way the entire city owns the nickname like other actual nicknames (Greek Freak is the only true present nickname I can think of at the time being that isn't a play on the actual name, "the process" I guess but no one actually calls him that).

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I guarantee it hasn't even stuck in the local fanbases. It was one reporters headline and Oilerfanatic ran with it.

There's no way the entire city owns the nickname like other actual nicknames (Greek Freak is the only true present nickname I can think of at the time being that isn't a play on the actual name, "the process" I guess but no one actually calls him that).

I believe that as well but since OF brought it up, I have heard/seen it outside of this forum a few times. 

But yea, its not on the level I implied it to be with my smartass comment.

22 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I have heard/seen it outside of this forum a few times. 

That's honestly even more than I was expecting

On 8/10/2018 at 9:35 AM, CaliTitan3518 said:

Chris Paul has missed 20+ games in back to back seasons and is old. Good luck getting 80 games out of him for the year. 

Curry has made 80 starts only once in his career, good luck getting 80 games out of him with his glass ankles (this year or any other).

Besides, the Rockets have already said they will be giving Paul maintenance days off throughout the season, so he won't play 80 games anyway.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

Curry has made 80 starts only once in his career, good luck getting 80 games out of him with his glass ankles (this year or any other).

Besides, the Rockets have already said they will be giving Paul maintenance days off throughout the season, so he won't play 80 games anyway.

I was counting playoffs.  It many starters go 80+ games without playoffs. So really curry has gone over 80 6 out of 9 years and one of the ones he didn’t hit it they didn’t make playoffs. 

Curry has has missed significant time with ankle injuries in 2 out of 9 seasons in which he recovered and continued on without issues. He missed more games last year because of a knee sprain than ankle injury. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

You know what the difference is though.....

Curry still wins titles and Paul missing time is what probably cost them a title.

18 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

What players are expected to play more than 80 games?!? That's ridiculous if that's your minimum threshold for a guy to be available

11 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

What players are expected to play more than 80 games?!? That's ridiculous if that's your minimum threshold for a guy to be available

I made the 80 games threshold but with the thought of playoffs not just regular season