JakePA_Titan

The moment you realize you're not on GSW level lmao

I'm a Rockets fan but I can't stand the way they play. All the isolation, jacking up 3's, no ball movement. Unless they can alter the way they play which is a tall order I expect the Warriors to roll them easily. I've never been a fan of D'Antoni either. 

8 hours ago, oldschool said:

I'm a Rockets fan but I can't stand the way they play. All the isolation, jacking up 3's, no ball movement. Unless they can alter the way they play which is a tall order I expect the Warriors to roll them easily. I've never been a fan of D'Antoni either. 

What I've tried telling OF since day one. 

MDs bball is a great style to watch, to play, to excite. It's not that great if you want to win titles.

This is why I think Phil Jackson was really great. Everyone who hates always wants to say "he had great players, he rode them". And part of that is true. But his style of coaching, running the triangle. It preserved his players energy so they could give their all on D as well. And was really good at clock management and handling players' minutes.

LBJ and CLE and Harden and HOU, they don't play D because they work too hard for their offense. And they are so great that sometimes they make it look easy, but more times than not they really have to work to get a decent shot. 

Downtown   
11 hours ago, oldschool said:

Yeah, but when it’s working, it’s a freight train. 

3 minutes ago, Downtown said:

Yeah, but when it’s working, it’s a freight train. 

The main reason the Warriors stole game 1 was Ariza going to the bench with 5 fouls early in the second half. This series is far from over.

OF came out today....

Houston must have won....

And the series is over. 

Yall were in desperation mode and GSW was content on just getting one in HOU.

Series will be 3-1 before long. Yall win prolly win game 5, series ends in 6.

chef   
On 5/15/2018 at 4:34 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Both conference Finals were decided in game 1.

Boston vs Golden State 

Gonna be a good one.

OK,  I haven't watched a full reg season NBA game in a decade or two+. but that $h!t is funny.

And Re:Phil Jackson, like any guru-type, he can be full of BS - and himself - often, but I still love him as there is much wisdom as you dig deep into his steaming pile.  If nothing else, I WANT his brand of winning to be true, though I admit I might be accepting lies that sound good.

But reverting back to original thought, in being so far now removed from the NBA, I am good with his whether truth or fluff.  Like most American voters and their candidates.

On 5/17/2018 at 0:47 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Houston must have won....And the series is over. 

Yall were in desperation mode and GSW was content on just getting one in HOU.

Series will be 3-1 before long. Yall win prolly win game 5, series ends in 6.

I hope the Rockets do win game 5, then hopefully the series could end in 6.

10 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Rooting for the Rockets.  Almost became a rockets fan.   I was already an Oilers fan when I started following basketball.   I started to follow Moses Malone after he took the Rockets to the finals against the Celtics.  But I then followed him to the Sixers and stuck with them ever since.

15 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

In a related topic...

How come the best up and coming C is only averaging 9.5 points and 8.5 rebounds per game against a team with no C?

Those #s are lower than both his regular and post season averages.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

I'm surprised the series is 2-2, the Warriors are far superior. If they don't play down to the Rockets the Rockets don't stand a chance.

I am too but HOU deserves credit for game 4. They actually played great D (in spurts), especially at the most important times. Late in each half. They made a hell of a run to end the first half. GSW settled for tough shots near the end and they didn't fall.

But I expect both Durant and Curry to come out hot in game 5 and it will be over by halftime, much like game 3.

Losing Iggy has hurt the warriors. They are having to put Bell and Looney out there. They haven’t played poorly but having a vet like Iggy out there is hard to replace. 

Shots just weren’t falling for the warriors at the end of game 4. Shots aren’t falling early in game 5. I think it’s pretty clear the warriors have the upper hand on talent but Houston has been making the shots when they need to. I wouldn’t be shocked if this series goes 7 games.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.