Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Supreme Court Overturns Federal Ban On Sports Gambling

scine09   

I wonder how long it would take for states to legalize it.  I know where I live, Connecticut, they want to legalize it.

scine09   
Just now, japan said:

Goodell must be red-faced. 

Why would he be opposed to it?  It'll only help the popularity of the game.  I'd think all people involved with the major sports would be thrilled.

japan   
Just now, scine09 said:

Why would he be opposed to it?  It'll only help the popularity of the game.  I'd think all people involved with the major sports would be thrilled.

He’s always been opposed to the idea from a corruption point of view. Will help the league’s bottom line but now more chances of point shaving, etc...

scine09   
Just now, japan said:

He’s always been opposed to the idea from a corruption point of view. Will help the league’s bottom line but now more chances of point shaving, etc...

Anyone who would pay off players would do it regardless of the legality of it.  I don't think this makes a difference at all in that sense.

I'm just pumped because I work about 10 minutes from a racebook.

9 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Anyone who would pay off players would do it regardless of the legality of it.  I don't think this makes a difference at all in that sense.

The argument is that because it's legal there will be a lot more money on the books, and the lure of that wealth will encourage more meddling because it emboldens the crooks and further entices the player/coach/ref etc.

Not saying that it will make a difference but that's the logic.

We have had gambling here for as long as I can remember and it has not been an issue. If anything it makes the games more interesting.

41 minutes ago, 8MM said:

Heard the NBA has been pushing for this.

Of course they have because they have been active in point shaving for years.