What is a meathead? Why it's important to pick apart HC Vrabel?

Number9

Since Mike Vrabel was hired, there has been an attack on his demeanor.  I understand not liking someone, but based on one interview?  What is a meathead?  Why is it important to dissect a new HC before we have even seen a preseason game?  His success is the Titans success.  The Titans currently are back on track, a track they have been off of for years.  The roster is now filled with NFL caliber starters.  The Team made the playoffs last season and the future looks bright.  There are a lot of new parts now that have to get up to speed.  The last thing we need is some kind of petty bs floating around as a distraction.

So, if you call the guy a meathead, what do you mean?  JRob knows MV.  JRob has already established himself as a top 10 GM.  He has a good eye for talent and is budgeting the team's funds very well.  JRob thinks Mike Vrabel is the guy who can come in and coach this team to a Super Bowl.  If MV is a meathead, why would JRob turn the team over to him? Does that make a lick of sense to you?  Why?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't call him a meathead because I associate that with low intelligence and I think he's pretty quick on the draw. But he's definitely got the rah-rah football switch that he flips when he wants

A Message From Mike Vrabel's Stitched-Up Forehead: Always Wear A Helmet When Head-Butting People Wearing Helmets   https://deadspin.com/5966252/a-message-from-mike-vrabels-stitched-up-forehe

Looks like the groundwork is being set now for upcoming agendas at the end of the season. 8mm is trashing Vrabel so that he can blame him for an off Mariota season. Oilerman hyping the team up into to

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Since Mike Vrabel was hired, there has been an attack on his demeanor.  I understand not liking someone, but based on one interview?  What is a meathead?  Why is it important to dissect a new HC before we have even seen a preseason game?  His success is the Titans success.  The Titans currently are back on track, a track they have been off of for years.  The roster is now filled with NFL caliber starters.  The Team made the playoffs last season and the future looks bright.  There are a lot of new parts now that have to get up to speed.  The last thing we need is some kind of petty bs floating around as a distraction.

So, if you call the guy a meathead, what do you mean?  JRob knows MV.  JRob has already established himself as a top 10 GM.  He has a good eye for talent and is budgeting the team's funds very well.  JRob thinks Mike Vrabel is the guy who can come in and coach this team to a Super Bowl.  If MV is a meathead, why would JRob turn the team over to him? Does that make a lick of sense to you?  Why?

McDaniels was his choice Vrabel was second option

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

McDaniels was his choice Vrabel was second option

Fortunate for us.  Still, he's JRob's pick.  McDaniels isn't the only person capable of coaching a NFL team.  I am just asking a series of questions for people posting the meathead comments.

45 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Cuz cuz cuz JRob isuh da Geppetto! An duh Vrabel isuh da Pinocchio!

:cmj:

20 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Cuz cuz cuz JRob isuh da Geppetto! An duh Vrabel isuh da Pinocchio!

:cmj:

I don't know how so few people see the big picture.

I think "he's got something, HE'S GOT SOMETHING.  THERE ARE NO FLAGS ON THE FIELD."  Some people are trying to throw meatheads.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

Winning the interview doesn't mean shit. This is just offseason doldrums discussion...

JRob thinks MV is the guy to take the team to the next level. Time will tell...

If we start piling up W's, no one will GAF about his meathead tendencies. It would be the same if Wiz was getting 10+ wins, and he was an condescending ass in every interview.

Edited by ChemEngr79

42 minutes ago, SuperFreak90 said:

Total bullshit, J-Rob knew McDaniels was never leaving the Patriots. Colts got scammed, and it was totally hilarious. 

I don't get this idea that JRob wanted McDaniels all along. That's what a lot of us thought and figured on considering the offensive struggles, but with all the news coming out that the Colts were likely to hire him people started to back off that idea. But no deal was ever signed or officially agreed upon with the Colts, at least not in public by McDaniels. If McDaniels and JRob had wanted to work with each other there was more than enough time to make that clear to one another given that Mularkey was fired on January 14th or 15th and the Colts announcement that he'd be their coach wasn't until after the Super Bowl in Feb. But Vrabel was hired just 5 days later and McDaniels was never even mentioned during that time as a serious candidate to come here.

McDaniels himself may have wanted to come here, but if he did it obviously wasn't a mutual feeling on JRob's part.

Edited by NashvilleNinja