Press Conference: Titans Coach Mike Vrabel, 2018 Draft Picks

EagleEye

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like Vrabel a lot so far, I think y'all are being mad sensitive. Guess that's par for the course nowadays though.  

Under precious coaches, media would stand up in a crowd while asking questions in these situations. Vrabel brought chairs out for media so we can see who he is talking to better.   That's wh

I know that's a typo, but it's very apropos... lol

Posted Images

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I don't know what Mularkey has to do with Vrabel acting like he's got Belichick's resume and skins on the wall before he's played one preseason game but......

The standards for an NFL head coach are ridiculously unrealistic and every move is dissected right after the games and for a week on many media outlets. It's judged on not just results but style points, you better win the right way even if you're winning. The average job span is around 3 years. He better chill out. 

If you don't see potential issues with his over the top attitude you're kidding yourself. The media will tar and feather his ass if this is how things will be as soon as they get the chance. 

What makes the potential even greater is he needs to make the AFC title game to improve from last season and everyone considers the team vastly improved. 

No pressure at all!

This media is going to tar and feather him? Please. 

2 hours ago, JNew said:

I like Vrabel a lot so far, I think y'all are being mad sensitive. Guess that's part for the course nowadays though.

Some are sensitive, others have a built-in axe to grind. In the end, it doesn't matter what his demeanor is if he's a shitty coach. Mularkey was Mr Teddy Bear and his ass got got forthwith... even with a Divisional playoff appearance.

Some people need to stop looking for any excuse what. so. ever. to skewer the "meathead".

2 hours ago, japan said:

I didn’t get through the whole thing. Is everyone overreacting to the opening bit (without context) or does he get pissed later in the presser?

I didn't sit and watch the whole thing so I could cluck my tongue over every little muscle twitch in his meathead face, but I did skim through it a bit. I never saw him get pissed and off the rails the way people are acting like he did. He seemed a little perturbed at the beginning of the video but everything from then on seemed to be pretty smooth sailing.

Side note: I know PK has a business to build, but I don't know why that guy thinks that every conceivable aspect of that team needs to be open to he and the media 25/7.

Try listening and not looking at Vrabel a few times.

Vrabel right now, is a one arm paper hanger.  He said in the presser, he goes from position group to position group to see if he can add anything or help a player.   He's watching film of practices to understand his players, see where he can help.  You're going to hear this more "finish."  The guy is trying his heart out.  This is his first HC job.

Then he goes to the press conference where the top reporter is the one who can throw him a gotcha question.  Jeff Fisher he ain't.  Fail.  After a rookie camp practice, he fails in some people's eyes because he hasn't spent time in coach speak class.  He's up there trying to tell the media what happened in practice.  What they want is PLAYOFFS?  PLAYOFFS?