Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

PFF: Titans Most Improved AFC South Team

The Titans have kind of flown under the radar this offseason. Obviously part of that is being a small market team, but they added some good vets and none of them were big enough names to garner a ton of national attention. Suh would have changed that, but it didn’t happen. 

But I think if you look at what they added and the holes they have filled there aren’t really any glaring weaknesses. The WR corps is almost entirely dependent on young, unproven guys but otherwise things are looking pretty good.

If Mariota looks good in the new offense and they keep injuries to a minimum then the Titans are certainly contenders this year. 

I would have said they've gotten a surprising amount of hype and coverage... that they're something of a media darling at the moment.

2 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

I would have said they've gotten a surprising amount of hype and coverage... that they're something of a media darling at the moment.

Not everyone is clamoring for us win the South so that naturally means we are getting disrespected I guess.

Kyle021   
3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Couldn't agree more

First of all both coordinators are upgrades

Davis(the late season healthy version) over Decker and Lewis over Murray are both giant upgrades. Decker and Murray are both unsigned. 

Evans and Landry in the front seven and Jones returning.

Key talent like Jackson, Davis, Taylor, Smith and Brown in year two. 

Suh would have really been nice but they still vastly upgraded talent on paper

Don’t forget about Tajae Sharpe. He is a really good route guy with sticky hands. I think he is a lock for slot position and will thrice there. 

Tajae takes over for Decker in the slot, Camp for Weems and Taylor will be the slot when Sharpe shifts wide to give Davis/Richard breathers

OILERMAN   
3 hours ago, GoodToGo said:

Taywan Taylor will never produce on this team. Draft mistake. 

TBD but this is possible that he doesn't develop 

I wouldn't be shocked if Sharpe was ahead of him in the rotation

nine   

I'm optimistic about the offseason acquisitions and it's hardly unreasonable to expect wholesale improvement in all three phases....but this is all just offseason fluff.   I've become jaded after having the rug pulled out from under me year after year after year for the past decade.....I'm not getting excited until we start seeing wins pile up.

The team is definitely trending upward. Robinson has done an amazing job at rebuilding this roster in just 3 years. We now have a team that you have to look hard to find a weakness when just 3 years ago you had to look hard to find a strength. They certainly have all the pieces, it will just depend on if the coach and coordinators can put the puzzle together. 

ctm   

The big question for the season in my mind is how long does it take the new offense to get up to speed?  These type of changes don't happen overnight or game 1.

26 minutes ago, ctm said:

The big question for the season in my mind is how long does it take the new offense to get up to speed?  These type of changes don't happen overnight or game 1.

Sometimes it does happen week 1. The Rams won by over 40 points week 1 last year. 

Number9   
7 hours ago, GoodToGo said:

Taywan Taylor will never produce on this team. Draft mistake. 

Taylor is a good route runner who can make quick cuts and catch the football.  Mariota has a quick release and can put the ball on a spot.  Taylor is the guy you hit when teams are focused on Delaine and Corey.