Sign in to follow this  
heyitsmeallen

NFL top 100 players: Byard #80, Lewan #78, Walker #72, Casey #66

Bongo59   

Not good when the guy draft next to you who was injured all yr still beat you out.  Lewan took a step back.  

6 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I wonder how many LTs make the list. 

Not sure. I know Lane Johnson was below him.

4 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

Byard was robbed.  Chancellor going ahead of him is a joke.  

Yeah. Since the players vote, It’s mostly a popularity contest. Chancellor and OBJ both were higher and Chancellor missed 5 games and OBJ missed 12. How can you be a top 100 player for the year when you miss that much time? 

10 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Not sure. I know Lane Johnson was below him.

Yeah. Since the players vote, It’s mostly a popularity contest. Chancellor and OBJ both were higher and Chancellor missed 5 games and OBJ missed 12. How can you be a top 100 player for the year when you miss that much time? 

Big time popularity contest. They should put a minimum game requirement for them. 

59 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

They should put a minimum game requirement for them. 

Then it would be NFL's Top 100 of 2017 as voted by the players. This is only meant to act as a hype video for the upcoming season.

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Then it would be NFL's Top 100 of 2017 as voted by the players.

Is that not what it already is? Isnt the voting based on the 2017-2018 season....

1 hour ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Is that not what it already is? Isnt the voting based on the 2017-2018 season....

Yeah of course it's based on that but what the player has done as a career and what he is expected to do all play into how these guys will play in 2018.... Which is what the voting actually is.

why do you think its not named the 2017 list?

5 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Yeah of course it's based on that but what the player has done as a career and what he is expected to do all play into how these guys will play in 2018.... Which is what the voting actually is.

why do you think its not named the 2017 list?

Same reason the Superbowl year is 2018 and the Eagles are the 2018 Champs. The year ends in 2018. My assumption.

The real way to figure it out is the guys that retire.

If Joe Thomas is on this list then it has more to do with the previous season than the upcoming season.

If he doesn't make the list then obviously it's more of the opposite. Because ther eis no way he shouldn't make it imo if it has more to do with the previous season.

I never paid too much attention to these things to know what happened in situations like this in the previous years rankings.

Face   

I stopped paying attention when Carlos Hyde was 97th. How in the blue hell is Carlos effin Hyde a top 100 player? Total non homer here, both our backs blow Hyde away. It's not even close. The Niners put less then zero effort into resigning him & his 3.9 yards per carry.