Sign in to follow this  
ChesterCopperpot1

Michael Griffin signs a 1 day contract w/ titans; retires as Titan

I wonder if, among non-Oilers, he has played the most snaps for the franchise. If not him, who? A lineman?

chef   
24 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

I wonder if, among non-Oilers, he has played the most snaps for the franchise. If not him, who? A lineman?

Wondering if it might be Roos.  I think Griff would have had more games but more likely to not play every snap on D whereas it would have been a rare moment to not have Roos on every play on O.

45 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Probably Bulluck

49 minutes ago, chef said:

Wondering if it might be Roos.  I think Griff would have had more games but more likely to not play every snap on D whereas it would have been a rare moment to not have Roos on every play on O.

Roos is likely.

4 hours ago, chef said:

He always seemed like a good guy and perhaps took a bit more flak than deserved over the years, with play often hampered by injuries.  Not to mention his perpetual fines on hits that really didn't seem much worse than others at the time (which probably made him gun shy).

More than anything, I think he was a guy that screamed potential when drafted but never lived up to it consistently over the course of a career.

And in now long hindsight, how does his first season when they lined him up at CB look now?  Useful or hindrance to S development?

The lack of pass rush for almost his entire career didn’t help. When we had one he was an all pro

He was a guy who thrived in the center field but we continually asked him to be more because we were so garbage everywhere else on defense. While his..atrocious at times in the box play leaves some bad memories, I'll always think fondly of him because he never complained despite the team often being garbage, always played even through injuries, and when actually asked to fill the role he was good at, was a solid player for the team. Glad he gets to retire a Titan.